Monday, March 26, 2012

Let the break begin!


First day of spring break! Went pretty well. Started the day with helping clean out two kids rooms. I do that every break so that they can maintain the whole rest of the week.

We had a church activity in the afternoon where we stuffed (and I do not joke) thousands of Easter eggs with the primary kids....super fun.

And in the evening Rhett had his last appointment with his reading therapist. We have LOVED her. She always had popcorn and pop for him. He enjoyed going. We have gone two times a week forever. She was so wonderful. A huge advocate for Rhett. We didn't know this would be our last visit. It was a sudden change for her and therefor for us. We will have to find someone knew.

I have a love hate relationship when the kids have breaks from school. I love to have more time with them. Hate their fighting. I love having them help with the house. Hate their fighting. I love having more time to get stuff done. Hate their fighting. I LOVE help with the little kids. Hate their fighting. I love them lounging around and relaxing. Hate their fighting. I love them working. Hate their fighting. I love them playing and teasing with each other. I hate their fighting.

The other day we were in the kitchen chatting. Bo was asking what the word weird meant. By the way...I am the WORST person to try to give a definition of a word. I am just not that good at it. So I can't remember what I told Bo but it wasn't negative.

So I told Bo..."I'm weird". Because I am. I always have been.

Kate was all upset and concerned. And she put her little hand on me and said "No you're not! You're cute!"

Aww. Little sweetie. But why does she already think weird is negative?

Bye for now!!!!

I saw the funniest quote. Totally how I feel.

"I love the computer....that's where my friends live."

1 comment:

Red Dragon said...

You tell it so well and so true. I love reading your Blog.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...