Monday, May 7, 2012

catch up!

I have been a lazy blogger lately. I am sad about it.

So I am gloing to play a bit of catch up.

Rhett played a few sessions of basketball.

Wanna know my favorit part of basket ball....or any sports for that matter?
The Huddles.

There is something about the huddles that makes me super happy. They are just so cute! And I just love seeing my kids be part of a team.
Rhett's coach is the very best. We stalk him each season to coach Rhett. He never gets mad at the boys. I know that sports has a thing about thinking it is okay for coaches to get mad at the kids but I don't like it. I want my boys to be tough and strong but I don't think coaches need to yell. And Doug always treats the boys with the most respect. He tells them they have done well and he has this cute way of clapping away from his body and towards the kid.

I love watching Rhett play. He is good. And it is so fun. I remember last year I was sitting by a man who was joking as Rhett ran by..."That kid is a bull!" He didn't know I was mama. But Rhett was a bull and he was dangerous as he would barrel down the court. But this year he has gained a ot of control.

He is a joy. If he would get 5 baskets Corey would take him to lunch after. So anytime he made a basket he would show us with his fingers how may baskets he made, so Corey would know how many he had until he had to buy lunch. Cute.





See how big he is? Number 11

Going for a basket


Love him!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...