Monday, May 28, 2012

I am officially visionary! Go me!



I mentioned that  I was making a vision board. I have heard about doing it a few times and then it was in the book I read,  Navigating you Mind, by Kris Walton. So I went for it.

Here are a few pictures of my vision board. If you notice from before, I have changed the board. I decided I needed more space. I like these boards because I didn't have to use nails (Corey will be so happy), and because they gave me more space.

I have to admit.... I am in love with my vision board. The love and dreams I put into my magnets and my title and my few little visions make me happy. I probably stated this but my visions are lacking. But I am still figuring it out.



I have never done this, but I made these little marble magnets that you see at the craft stores. They were fun. We gave some to Nathan's teacher as a gift.


You might think this is bizarro but this little magnet is my therapy guy's handwriting for one of my appointments. I like it because it reminds me of the peace I have during our visits and that he believes in me. When you have turmoil in your life and you find the answers, and some peace, you will hang strange stuff on your vision board also. I promise.




Who is the world actually thinks  I can memorize the whole "The Living Christ"???? Not me! But I have a feeling I shouldn't be saying that. I am going to try. I can't even get the first line down! It is ridiculous!

(For those of you who don't know, "The Living Christ" is this.

My dad teases me because I love quotes and will hang boards with quotes on them as decoration. Everyone does that now, right? Thus the vinyl lettering craze... So on my vision board I have some quotes that I love. They REALLY seem to speak to me the most. And some vision board guru guy said it was okay to have quotes. So I do!




Several of these items on my vision board pertain to my weight, because that is one of my battles.

Kris also says to make a list called something like "100 fun things I will do before I die". So when I read that I got all crazily happy because I could make something similar to what I saw on Pinterest with a bucket and I  made a bucket list! Because.... I wanted to use the bucket! And  I put a few things on my bucket list like....


And then  I decided those were a little lamo so  I googled bucket list ideas. And then  I decided I have no desire to parachute, or bungee cord jump, or hike that mountain in Japan. Getting a harry cactus is about as exciting as it gets for me. So then I had to reevaluate the purpose of having a whole board dedicated to silly things like buying a frog.

So I went back to Kris' book and read the purpose of making a 100 fun things list. The purpose Kris says is this..



So buying a frog and watching North and South will be fun but I am not sure how it will make me feel accomplished. And since I don't care to do super adventurous things I decided to just do other things  I care about. So I haven't stuck them on the board yet  but I am thinking about doing things like....I want to read the Bible. So I am going to put each "book" on a paper and then when  I read it  I will stick it in my bucket (and feel empowered like Kris says). And  I want to paint my salt and pepper shelves and get my collection out. So I am going to make a label for that. I am still fine tuning how this bucket list will work best for me. But isn't my bucket list cute?



And  I think I will save my vision board for BIG things like learn piano or something.



What do you think? Any helpful ideas for my vision board or bucket list? (Which is secretly called "100 fun things I will do before I die" but if I called it that I couldn't use the bucket so that is why I am sticking with bucket list but I know it really means 100 fun things that will make me feel accomplished after I do them!)

Yeah, I need a new hand towel.  I know.

3 comments:

Aine said...

This is SO EXCITING for you! I'm sooo happy! Don't worry about your bucket list - we start out where we're comfortable, and as you accomplish little things bigger things will occur to you. I also have some quotes and things on my board, and I can tell you, they are powerful! I had a quote that said, "It's not who you think you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not." That was so powerful to me when I read it I printed it out and stuck it on there. Well, the last month I have dedicated to learning my "Definite Chief Aim" - and since I figured that out I am at such peace! And then I was thinking about moving the stuff around on my vision board (I like doing that every now and then to change up the energy) and as I went to move that quote I realized that I had accomplished it! So it came off as well as the one that said, "Plan your best year EVER!" (I am not a planner by nature) I replaced the "Who you think you're not" with a copy of my Definite Chief Aim and the "plan" quote with one that says, "I have a plan and the plan works - BECAUSE I WORK THE PLAN!" I should blog about where that came from... Lennon, of course. ;) But anyway, don't discount your quotes - those quotes that your subconscious has you putting up there are HUGE CLUES and you'll know when you achieve them! :)

Jennifer said...

Yes! Yes! Come to Hogle Zoo. It is by me! We could go together! It makes me giddy just thinking of it. (But maybe you're scared.)

Jessi said...

I am reading posts I have missed. :-) I LOVE North and South. I also love that you have all these positive visuals for yourself. Go you! Love you!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...