Monday, May 14, 2012

I am not a visionary woman. :(


Remember how I told you that I heard about "self talk" three times before it sunk in? Well, now I have heard about "vision boards" three times! So...because I am a rule follower...and the book I love


by my talented advice giver........okay FINE!!!! He is a therapist! I have been seeing a therapist! I know you all saw through my other post anyway when I vaguely referenced how I knew him....And you know what? I am not ashamed to be seeing a therapist. I think everyone should be so lucky to get a whole hour a week to just talk about YOU! It's fun. And has been helpful. And if you can't have the privilege of seeing him you should read his book. And get happy. Or stay happy.

Anyway, because I am a ruler follower and his book said to make a vision board....I did.

After I heard about it three times.

My friend Aine has one. She brought it to my house and I loved it. She had cool things on it like get a wedding band. Or publish her book. Or become friends with someone she admires.

My other friend who lost 100 pounds also has one. She has inspiring quotes and pictures of fitness and life goals.

So here is mine. I hung it in my bathroom right above where I brush my teeth and wash my hands 50 times a day (darn ocd). Then I will be able to stare at it a lot.

I had so much fun......

(Yeah...I hate those maroon counters, also...)

making magnets for it....



"Protect your soul" don't you love it?



"trust the journey"...Hello!!!! Love!




"Love Deeply" and "Listen"?

I so scored in the magnet department!



"Choose for yourself"...that will be Kristopher's favorite one for me...



"Be brave"....Maybe my most needed one....



"Be true", "Give back"... I did good.



Love them all!


I made these little clips just by sticking some magnets on the back of them.....

So after I made my board (which was the funnest, because of course it has to be cool) it  has sat there for a week...

I am learning...I think I might not have that much vision. I don't really know what my next life stage is. I don't know what  my vision is. That is my next goal. To figure it out.

I have had a few ideas...you all know them already...

Raise money for orphans...

lose weight.....

Get a parrot....

I don't know....write something?

And of course be the best mom and wife I can be.

But I have been scared to actually put something on my board! Weird!

I'll let you know what I come up with.

And the next fun thing I am supposed to do that came from Kristopher's book....make a BUCKET list of FUN things! And then as you do those fun things you get joy in doing the fun thing and satisfaction in crossing it off your list. And pinterest has the funnest bucket list board I am going to make. If I am doing it...I am doing it cute! Can't wait.


The first thing on my bucket list? It's stupid and crazy. But that is part of the fun of a bucket list, right?

Remember those old phones we grew up with? My dad has one that is mine. In order to get them to work, for some reason you have to pay money for some kit. I am going to do that. Yep. That is on my bucket list. I want that old phone to work. Reminds me of growing up. I love the buttons.


Second bucket list item? Buy a cactus that my mom and I use to call the hairy old man cactus.



See? Doesn't that sound like so fun? And to have a cool chart to go with it? Wahoo!!!!!

I want you all to make a bucket list with me....Won't you?


2 comments:

I Gotta Try That said...

Love it! What a fun idea.

Terri Porter said...

If I were to get a phone that reflected my age, it would have to be a rotary dialed one. :-(

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...