Friday, June 15, 2012

Did you know that each foot sweats 4 ounces a day?

What the craziness? I have never felt my feet sweat that much! But that was just ONE of the new little things I learned to day at my new job at the shoe store.

Did you guys know there are fifty batrillion things to know when working in a shoe store? Specifically a man's work boot store? It was insanely crazy HOW MUCH MY new boss knows about shoes and boots and feet and fields of work and what shoes are good for those fields of work. Of course it was overwhelming.

I was familiar with my boss, Nick, before I worked there but didn't really know him. I was very amazed and humbled today to find out what a kind and gentle soul he is. He is maybe under forty. He was so terribly nice to me. Which I deeply respected because of course I was terrified to go to a new job. And he could have but he didn't pull any power trip on me or try to make me feel nervous or intimidated or anything of the sort. He was just all pure kindness and pure patience with me and the customers through out the entire day. What a blessing. He even said it is tradition to buy his new employees lunch on there first day and he gave me some money to go buy myself lunch on my break. What a sweet gesture.

Corey popped by and took my pictures. I was selling a lady Keen sandals of course! (dorky picture!)



It was a very busy day. It had some fun moments and the time went by fast. I think I will be happy with it once I get then hang of it. My cute mom came in and bought two pairs of shoes. Nick even gave her my family discount.

Kassidy sent me a cute text during the day... "How's my working mommy?" I thought it was cute. It was fun to focus on something new but I did miss my mothering duties.

It felt a little weird to be selling shoes when I want to do something that changes the world. But for now I am just going to try to rock the needs of shoe shoppers everywhere. That will have to do.

1 comment:

Susan said...


Wendy said...Sounds like a great first day! Weird about what you said Corey did in your store. ;)

Susan said...wendy! lol!

Jessi said...I am so glad you had a great first day!

Melissa said...Shoes is a great start to changing the world, no one knows how important a good shoe is...I've learned my lesson with running shoes! Congratulations on the job, you'll do well!

Melissa said... I think it might be "shoes are", my grammar's not the best...

Tiffany said...‎:) I am so happy for you!!!

Susan said...I changed my mind. It was really hard today.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...