Friday, August 17, 2012

I am just very random lately.

I have to admit and I hope this doesn't offend but I hate the feeling that I am a "working mom". It just hurts to leave the kids and go to "work". And I feel guilty over it.

But.... Today was a pretty happy day at work today. I had a fairly good time. It seriously makes all the difference in the whole planet earth that I am working for a sincerely nice person. I don't ever feel like if I make a mistake I am going to be "in trouble". I have had jobs like that before where the boss would snap at you or you were worried about making mistakes. This guy is so nice and quite a bit of fun.

Also...today he was talking about how it is getting time to leave me alone in the store. I told him I would agree. He was evaluating how long I had worked there and I was thinking he was going to say something negative (sorry Kristopher) about how long it is taking me and he said... "I think your doing pretty awesome actually!" Wahoo! I was very happy to hear that.

He keeps telling me jokes. I just don't get jokes. I guess I am dingy but I don't get them and when I do I just don't think they are that funny and I have to pretend to be amused and it is a little bit stressful for me. To fake thinking it is funny when I'm just not that amused.

Okay...so super exciting news!

Today I told my boss..."Please let me try the sewing machine....Please?"

A guy came in with boots that needed stitching.

He said YES!!!! I was super giddy about it. I had to hurry and "close out" so I had time but then I got to do it.

I AM. THE. FIRST. EMPLOYEE. TO. EVER. USE. THE. SEWING. MACHINE!!!!! No one else has ever asked! What the what is that all about!!!! I love to try new things that are completely non adventerous and somewhat meaningless!

Sooooo.....I had to wear the safety goggles. I CRACKED myself up in them!!! I come running to the front of the store bellowing to Nick about this hysterical picture I just took of myself only to find customers in the store! So he is all serious AND  throws me under the bus and asks me to help one of the guys. Like he never jokes around.


Isn't this a creepily hilarious picture of me???? What is going on with my wide nose!?? your nose grows with age. Am I starting it already??? Ugh. 40 sucks. I seriously have to spend money on face care products...

Here is the low down...

Night cream...about 5 bucks
Day cream....about five bucks
Fine line cleanser pads....8 bucks
Eye make up remover.....6 bucks
Special cotton pads to remove the make up...2 bucks
Regenerating eye cream.......HOLY 18 DOLLARS!!!!!!
General regenerating cream which I LOVE (thank you Melanie)... 18 dollars!!!!!!!!!! Getting old SUCKS!

Anyways.... it is seriously hard to get the rhythm of using the treadle. I had to use the hand thing also. But look how cute my foot is on the treadle!!! I loved it!!!!



Me practicing on a piece of leather. I wish I had "sewing men's boots on a crazy old sewing machine" on my bucket list!!!!!! Darn.

The boot....right in action...

Okay...here is my sewing job....I thought mine looked just as good as Nick's until I realized he had very precise stitching length.

mine...

Nick's... Aren't his stitch lengths perfect?


My dinner... My friend Janet who became a vegan bakes her vegetables like this. So I have started and I cannot say how delicious they are. Especially those yams. I googled it. They are yams. And all these vegetables are very few calories. I wasn't a fan of the red peppers though. I like them WAY better raw.


Corey's cousin had this hanging in her living room. It is called "The Power of One". I really am smitten by it.


Night!


1 comment:

Susan said...

Jill said...I love your randomness. And the glasses are adorable! :)

Nancy said...So happy you are not afraid to try new things. I learned to sew on a treadle machine. Love your blog!

Michelle said...I think you look hot in those glasses *rawr*

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...