Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Why do I even care....

What kind of boots men are wearing!!!!

Seriously! I was at a stop sign during road construction and I actually looked at the worker to check out his boots! That is completely weird! When I was at girls camp I asked one of the men that was there what brand of boots he had on! It's totally bizarro. My boss said he does the same thing so I guess it is a symptom of working at a boot store.

I worked yesterday and a man called and I answered. He was totally taken back for a minute. He said, "I have NEVER heard a girl's voice there before." I was amused.

So last week I worked alone at the store for one of my first real times. It was slammin' busy and I sold a lot of boots. I felt pretty proud that I handled so much alone. At the end of the day I found this on the computer. (My boss has access to the computer from home. And this is like a little fake post it note on the screen. Cute! Huh?!) Have I already mentioned how nice he is?


So Kristopher was right about facing my fears. I cannot tell you the terror I have felt starting a new job let alone in such foreign territory as men's boots. But I have made it through and it has turned out fine and I did it. So I guess facing your fears has some benefits even though I prefer to not strecth myself most always. Did you notice Kristopher was right? ....Again? Told you he was a super hero.

So......I went to my "Sacred Grove" and had some communion time with God. And.....

nothing miraculous happened. But I studied some scriptures and decided I need to LEARN to BE STILL. I despise STILLNESS. I love the tv on, music on, texting, the computer on...I don't like quiet.

So I think a big lesson I need to learn in my "Sacred Grove" is to be still. That was a thought I kept having.

And the other thought I kept having was from what Camy told me about R.B.'s talk. "Relationships take time!"

So this communion time might take just that...time. And I cannot just give up. I want to prove to God that I will do what it takes to have a relationship with Him. Also because I have been told by Kristopher that I like to take the easy road. Duh! Don't you?

He told me today that loss and hurt and suffering is the time we need to ask God "what do you want me to learn from this?" Instead of just wishing adversity wasn't happening to you. You probably don't want to pray for adversity but you pray to know what you need to learn from it. Most of the time I think you learn compassion. Kristopher would agree. I learned that from him. That is how Christ has so much compassion for us. He learned it when he was suffering for all our sins and feeling all our pain.

Kristopher and I had a lengthy discussion about prayer and God. He told me how lots of times God talking back to you is impressions in your mind that is from Him. He says he prays to God as a best friend. Just like R.B. said to do. Can  I tell you how blessed I feel that a therapist can also be my spiritual guide? A mental health one and a spiritual one? Can it get better? No. So grateful for the lessons I am learning.

I decided my sacred grove would be in my closet. Because that would be a place I could go even if people are still home. And there is something lovely and symbolic about praying in your closet that comes from the scriptures.

Matthew 6:6- But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Also I have the Lamborghini of all closets. Our house is nothing fancy but our closet is basically a whole room to itself. Okay....maybe not like a movie star closet but pretty good for a normal person closet. I love it.





My "Sacred Grove". I made a little "nest" in there. Where is yours?

Remind me to revisit this topic with "walk in the wilderness" that Kristopher talks about in his book.

You wonder how I finally have found time to go to my "sacred grove"?


Here's the answer...

 
Sweet glorious blissful two hours three days a week. Nobody call me or ask anything from me during those hours. I will say no. I am having stillness and blog book construction time.
 
(Don't you love her slanty eyes? They look like her cousin's, Allison.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for your success. become the person you know you can be. I am so happy for you.
Your favorite B-I-L
Frank

Susan said...

Mary said...Great blog, great boss, great therapist, great closet...Great, You!
Tiffany said...‎:)
Nancy preschol teacher said...I like the idea of your own sacred grove.
Susan said...I don't know if you have read my other posts but it came from a talk by a guy from education week...
SueAnn said...I just think you are fantastic! :)
Nancy said...Love you so much! So proud of you!
Kristy said...You inspire me to be better woman!! :) Thanks for being YOU!!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...