Wednesday, August 15, 2012

You is kind, you is smart, you is important. Randomest post ever.

The cool weather tonight is pure bliss to me. And the slight smell of rain? LOVE it. When I grew up in Colorado we had rain storms and the grandest thunderstorms ever. Love and miss those a TON.

You know how some people get depressed in the winter? I think I am the opposite. I do not do summer well. I hate the heat. And to sweat. And to try to clean house when I am hot. I complain non stop about the heat. I have noticed that about myself. So I will be glad for cooler weather.

This week Kristopher asked me if I was feeling suicidal. (I think it is his job as a health care guy to check that out once in a while. )

I told him no....I was feeling run awayacidal.....That right there is the truth!

I think I am pretty funny. Sometimes Kristopher is concentrating too hard on helping me to appreciate my funnyness.

It was nice when I went to work to pick up my pay check to see my new coworker/already friend, Gus. He is a nice person.

One day he cracked me up and I also thought he was so sweet. He told me when his wife was getting upset he would tell her "You is kind, you is smart, you is important." From the book "The Help" (that part with that precious little girl so disturbs me). Only he will just say it however and she will tell him he isn't saying it right.

So one day when I was struggling with something on the computer he started that with me... "You is kind, you is smart...." and I actually felt better! And I think it is super funny. Just thought I'd share that randomness with you.

Bo's jujitsu teacher is still one of the nicest men on this planet. I apologized via text to him for Bo's wild behavior in jujitsu. He had two time outs. He text (let's vote it should be texted) back "I love Bo very much and even on his bad days he is a pleasure to know." Does it get better then that?? Did you know that you don't wash their belts because it is a status symbol to have them dirty and grimy and hopefully bloody? Okay, don't quote me on that but it is something like that.

Today I took Bo to a school meeting and he had his uniform on and he had strawberry stains all over it. The Principal who is the owner of the jujitsu who gave Bo his scholarship to participate was pretty excited that it might be blood. Is it wimpy that it was just strawberries? I think Jared was disappointed.

(Sorry Aunt Wendy for sending you into a complete phobia attack looking at these pictures.)

Nathan found this incredible little baby bird. On. the. grass. In. the. middle. of. our. yard. Ready. to. be. cat. food. Justine has been mushing up worms and feeding it. Tomorrow we will reevaluate if we can find a place to take it for more experienced help. In my former veterinarian life it was very difficult to save a baby bird. And for Justine to smash up a worm is huge dedication. But I don't think it will survive.


I am slightly frustrated looking at it. Wouldn't it be terrible to only have to little stubby useless wings? He uses them though. Kinda grody. But look at that sweet face.

I mentioned Aunt Wendy....the girls have saved money to go see One Direction in 2013!!!! So us girls and my mom are going to take a road trip to California. JUST. US. I don't think I have had anything so exciting planned before. True...and Pathetic. But I am so thrilled. I must go there and slurp an oyster and eat real clam chowder. That is on my top priority list.

1 comment:

Susan said...

.
Tiffany said...The baby bird is just too cute. I love the picture of him sleeping and smiling :)

Mary said...You is wonderful, Justine is wonderful...precious little bird, hope he makes it

Susan said... ‎:( He did not.

Mary said...sad:(((( Tell Justine she did a wonderful thing, trying to save a precious life...she gave him one more day of someone caring..hug(())

Kirsten said...So cool! All of it. The bird, the trip, the Jared, the Gus! We need to get together and plan the block party. I almost dropped in last night. Chickened out.

Nancy said...Justine reminds me so much of you at that age! Sorry about the bird!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...