Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I am going to be an art major.


I HAVE SO MUCH WORK IN BIOLOGY!!!

LIKE SO SO MUCH WORK.

I have helped my children make FOUR cells models. And never once paid an ounce of attention to what one was or what it meant. That's a little embarrassing.

I have ZERO recollection of learning ANY of this in high school. It is as if I am learning Chinese.

Me and my lab partner today made this cell. I LEARNED a lot despite the silly project. My partner is a boy and he is just such a sweet and patient kid. Several people had to look at our cell and ask if we were art majors, lol.

Cause it's dang good, that's why!



So I am studying Biology and memorizing and trying to comprehend and I already have an appointment with the tutor. And I already have scored low on two quizzes. BECAUSE...it involves memorization. And my memory stinks! And the class is going so fast that I barely have time to memorize the stuff before we are moving on the the next "stuff". But...

I. AM. LOVING. IT.

I wish I would get graded for my level of LOVING. IT.

It is fascinating. It is all new news to me. I didn't even know any of these things before about cells and... just everything! But I really don't think my brain can keep up. It is just too much to remember. Remembering stuff isn't always my strong point any how. But remembering all this new "Chinese" plus the stuff I maybe should have already known, like what is Matter, I don't know if I can keep up. I feel really bad about it. And I am not giving up or quitting. I am just putting it out there...this class is A. LOT. Plus I have two other classes as well. It just sort of hurts my self esteem that other people can achieve A's and for some reason, despite my super hard work, I am doubtful I can.

Not to mention last night Kate was up all night. She woke up screaming with a sore throat. To save poor Justine who has to share a room with her, I put Kate on the couch to watch TV. I medicated her and gave her something to throw up in. From then on she wanted a sandwich. She wanted me to cut the crust off. (I totally made her make her own sandwich and I cut ZERO crusts off) She wanted soup. She wanted hot chocolate. The dog was bugging her, the movie was over....ON and ON. And I had a 7:30 lab. And poor Corey was up in pain as well. My heart hurts for him. And so I am tired.

I found Kate like this when I got up to go to my lab.



Busted me up!!!!

Also the cutest thing was when I looked at Bo's homework this morning. He got a little passionate towards the end. So funny.



 

Bo was also very excited over the amount of sprinkles on this cookie. He made me take a picture. They could almost pass for Ribosomes....never mind.


I have a problem with my voice. I have no reason for this problem except for sometimes I get it occasionally and that Google says is due to stress. Occasionally my throat will have a lump and it will constrict a little. I get it occasionally for a few weeks and then it goes away. Well, now my voice is totally affected. And I have no idea why unless it is related to that somehow. So I have  an appointment to figure it out. Blah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An interesting blog. Try to learn to relax. Do what it takes to share your work load or cut out some things.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...