Sunday, January 26, 2014

this and that. again.


My darling girl got accepted to college. Yay!

Wait. I mean blah blah blah.

I am super annoyed I am getting so old. TWO kids in college? That is unfathomable. But super happy for her to have an adventure. It is going to maybe do Kate in though. It will be a very hard adjustment for her.

She is almost too old for her young women's group at church. We had a cute program the other night for it (New Beginnings). It was all football themed and we had to wear jerseys. She borrowed Nathan's and I borrowed Rhett's (I smelled like twelve year old boy, thank you very much!). I will almost be done going to all their church stuff soon. Until Kate turns twelve. So weird!


Have I said how much I love being their mom? But that doesn't mean I haven't wanted to run away a million times as well. Being the mom is HARD. I read this really sweet blog today about "The Ache". Check it out. It perfectly describes me. And here is another GREAT one that cracked me up but it had good stuff to it. One of the cute young boys in my biology class want to be marriage counselors. It is so sweet and cute. He isn't married. I am actually sure that once he is trained etc. he will do just fine. But it amuses me the naivety of it. He should read this article. I think it is pretty darn profound. One thing I am learning, these young people (the ones I see in my college classes) have INCREDIBLE capabilities. They have it in them to CHANGE the world. They are smart and even wise in ways. I believe in them.

So yesterday Kate had a basketball game. It is still hilarious. Most of the kids still aren't quit sure what is going on. So the opposing team mate and Kate were standing right next to each other. The little kid dropped the ball. Kate was so sweet. She picked it up and handed it back to him. She told me it was his ball and he dropped it. Sweet girl!

My boss went on a work trip with his boss and other boot store owners. He went to the Cayman Islands for like ten days! I teased him he had to bring us presents. He is so GOOD to us as employees. He gave us each twenty bucks for lunch and he brought me these!!!!!!!!!! He didn't even know i collected them either. I love them.


I am still having weak voice problems. And then I realized it is also s bit of a swallowing liquid problem. The Dr. put me on a heart burn medicine. I don't think I even have heart burn. But he says sometimes people don't think they have it but they do and they have burned the esophagus. I don't think that is is. But I am going with it. He then says I have to go to go have a barium swallow done and then to Utah for specialized tests if none of those other things work.

WHATEVER!!!!!

Did you know that word got decided upon that it was the most annoying word ever????

I don't care. I love it.

Okay...so I took my first test in Biology. I was SOOOOOOO stressed out over it. I worked and worked. My brain literally COULD NOT learn anymore. There was no point even studying too much that last day. I couldn't learn anything else. 

I got a B. 

Do you not know if you should congratulate or console me????

I THINK IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am thrilled and encouraged that I can do it!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

you will do great in biology. just go over the material multiple times---my trick was to rewrite my notes like 3 times before the test. it always helped immensely.
love your kids still--sad Justine's old enough to go to college soon but she will LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Okay, some advice now that you have experienced it again. Don't get stressed over exams. Don't study the night before. I still remember coming to those decisions and my grades did suffer. I pretended none of it matter and that worked. My HS grades probably average B+ and so were my college grades. A's in geology, A's in some other topics, a D+ in my last calculus class. Study on and have fun.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...