Monday, March 10, 2014

Love Language Time!


Ugh. I think my heart isn't in Biology anymore. Discouraging.

So for one of my other classes which is  a religion class we had to do love language tests on our family. I read that book forever ago and always thought it made so much sense.

I am glad I was assigned to do the test on my kids. I found it most interesting.

So on Sunday I noticed Justine and I sat spaced apart from each other. And I wondered if she felt bad that we were sitting so close to each other. But she is just NOT a touchy kid. And I'm sort of not that touchy myself. I feel honestly like Justine doesn't want me in her space. So I try to respect her comfortability level with that. But then I worry is it hurting her that I am not more"loving" in a touchy way to her.

So she took the love language test.

She was so mortified because her biggest love language is receiving/giving gifts. She felt like that made her selfish or materialistic. I assured her it doesn't.

But I was SO amused to see that her score for affection was ZERO!!!!!!!!

She doesn't seem to care at all about affection. (But she is not cold. )

So I said to her...."not even one score for physical touch? "

Her-"MOM! The questions were like 'would you rather receive a gift or a pat on the head....' "

*crickets*

Me:-"very well then, carry on."

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...