Thursday, March 13, 2014

Unhealthy food and conversations with my boy!


I got another A on a quiz. I think I finally figured out these Biology quizzes. Took long enough! The tests? Not so much. I have three more.

But I am loving every single thing we learn. It is so so fascinating. And I can not say enough good things about my teacher. He is so patient about all of our questions.

So Nathan's love language SHOCKED me. And I felt like a jerk. 

The kid who requires the least amount of attention and works love language is QUALITY TIME!!!!!

I never would have guessed. I cried (not literally) "I have been neglecting you!"

You know how the squeaky wheel gets the attention? Nathan just NEVER squeaks. And he is easy and nice.

He assured me he did not feel like he was neglected. 

For his birthday we took him to Big Judd's.

Because they have an enormous hamburger there and you have to go there and eat it to meet the Big Judd challenge. Corey and I wanted to see if Nathan could do it. (Have you ever seen Man vs. Food? he came here and did the bigger challenge.)






Awww...look at Corey's cute little baby hamburger. Sad thing is....I totally think I could eat that huge hamburger. Corey wanted me to but I could just not eat those calories!


 He did it!!!! And he wasn't even full! He still had a milk shake after this! We decided next time he was going to have the double.

So he had both of mine and Corey's undivided attention so hopefully his quality time bucket got filled up!

The other night I was downstairs in his room chatting. He is getting a lizard for his birthday and we have been getting the cage ready and having a good time together with it. That has always been a big thing I wanted to give my kids, interesting pets. Because I love all those kinds of pets and so that is fun.

So tonight I was sitting down and I said I don't want you to get all grown up and get a wife and like her better than me. I know that is pathetic. But it is sad to me the way you lose your boys when they grow up. Girls stick around more.

He told me (because he is just nice, not because it is true) that he would still like me the most.
I told him "Um no, that's not the way its suppose to be. You need to love you wife more than me.

And he told me "aren't I suppose to love her the most? "

And I said "Yes, And your God and your children."

Those are first.

But then I am very next. Then you love me the most next.

And he nodded his head yea that was his plan.

And I was like really? you will?

and he said yes.

I deserve it after I painted his room SILVER!

That whole conversation was probably super unhealthy somehow.


No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...