Sunday, December 7, 2014

What do I think? Someone tell me.


Weird shiftings are taking place in my home. I (Not including the little kids because it is just a mommy little kid relationship still) am out numbered and a bit lonely. The boys, Corey, Nathan, and Rhett are all sort of similar....Boys. Hunting, movies, camping and not much conversation. That is sort of what boys seem to be about. Luckily Rhett will still jabber to me sometimes but mostly it is crickets. I miss my girls. My friends. My cohorts in the house. It is really weird. 

Kate and I did some things today that I will post about later and that felt more like old times but other than that the house dynamics are different. Not all bad. I love the boys. They are fun and goofy and it is nice to have people around who can do things. Like fix stuff. And carry heavy stuff, and be brave. 

Okay..so something weird is also happening online. Last semester I took this online class about advocating for families. I had no idea it was about what it was about but I did learn a lot. Just wasn't what I expected. So we had to make a online something rather promoting families. 

My group chose to do a FaceBook page on how important dads are. I ended up almost dying in my bathroom one night when I was having that horrid gallbladder attack, remember? When I said the S-word three times to the handsome male nurse because I was DYING...And he got me drugs FAST....SO my group pretty much did the whole assignment without me and I contributed one tiny little post and was pardoned the rest because of gallbladder surgery. 

We had about 10 likes and the class ended and no one cared about it too much anymore. Well, about last month we started getting more and more likes. Then more and more. And more and more. We weren't even doing ANYTHING with it and hadn't for MONTHS since the class ended. 

About 5 days ago I started posting a little thing every day. I started to feel a little bad because we had so many people liking it. 

Well, barely a week later we have over 600 likes! I don't even know what is going on! But then I feel really happy deep inside. Because the world realizes that father are important and in  their own little way are "protesting" and "declaring" that YES, dads are important! And I love that. Because I have done research and know how a dad can alter for good or bad someone's whole life. 

If you want to check it out, HERE is the link. I guess I am committing myself to keep 

up with it because if 630 people, 

in a matter of a few weeks 

believe with

me that fathers are important than I want to 

contribute. But I am 

a bit weirded out. Don't people 

usually fight and 

complain on these types of things?  

I am not sure what to think!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...