Friday, December 26, 2014

About six months ago...




































 I decided I wanted to see a Dr. about skin removal surgery from my weight loss. 

My buddy Becci came with me.


She and I are "selfie girls". 

I assumed insurance wouldn't cover this surgery but I had a little nagging to just go in and get an opinion. After six kids and weight loss I am really annoyed at my skin. I don't care about the looks of it near as much as I care about the "feel" of it. It is a burden to me most of the time in ways I won't burden you with sharing! :)

Talk about an embarrassing exam. The Dr. said by the way I sat up he believed my abdomen muscles were torn or split or something like that. They aren't working right. Do you think that is why I literally can't jump up in the air? When I try to work out I cannot jump. What is up? Am I still too heavy?

There are also some other things the Dr felt were worth fixing. I won't be getting a boob job. There. now you all can relax and not wonder but there are some other things to fix.

The Dr. did not feel this was an elective surgery. He felt it was medically necessary but the time in which I choose to do it would be elective. 

Also, the Dr. didn't feel that I had to be perfectly skinny. He said I had to be stable. I am trying to not be hard on myself. I am trying to be stable. I am trying to lose the bit I gained.  I am trying to be stable and healthy and a good person and a good church member and a good mother and I can only do what I can do. I am trying.

Anyway, I found out last week (it took a while) that I WAS APPROVED by the insurance for the surgery.

What a blessing! I am scared and thankful. I am going to do it after this semester. It is a massive major surgery. But I am doing it. I want to be comfortable in my skin. Literally. It is a big surgery. 


No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...