Tuesday, December 9, 2014

craft, treat, friends

I have always loved Pinterest. I discovered it early on and was like...."What is this goodness?" I was so excited by the organization and I love having all these cute ideas all gathered together.

I decided I was going to do one craft and one fun treat every week with the little kids. I have not been up for the chaos of these kinds of activities with my wild little people but I really want it to feel like Christmas. 

So we worked on some stuff and I received so much complete joy from doing them with the little kids. Reminded me of old times before Corey wasn't feeling well, when I had so much energy and love for parties and projects, when life was simpler in ways, etc....It was nice to just be mom for a while and not student and boot sales girl. 

So here is Pinterest version...


Here is the version when you realize it is better for the kids to just put the buttons wherever they dang want and quit following the picture!



I think they turned out petty darling. 





Why yes I did let the little kids use the glue guns themselves. They couldn't wait to get their hands on them. They were low temp and no one was injured in the production of these trees. 


Bo ALWAYS wants to go his own way. I didn't even fight it this time. He wanted to mkae a forest. 





































Kate had fun wrapping the presents for Grandparents. She was so so happy the entire time we did this whole project. 































Here is an annoying tidbit. Cinnamon sticks are expensive. Lamo. Remember that time I told you about the cutest little Latino girl names Cinnamon? I loved it! I wanted to name my next little girl, cinnamon. 

So the next project we did was this...Pinterests version...

























And here is our version! 

Gigantic LOL. 

I loved it!


Here is a better one.... They got better as we worked on them.


Kate and Bo worked on some, mostly Kate. She loved it. 


Getting the marshmallow ready with sucker sticks.



 The big kids have mostly out grown these projects. But they love to come and give me advice and observe and direct me how to make them to their preference.











They were pretty good. We had enough that we decided to share some with the neighbors behind us. I wanted some other little kids to get to enjoy their cuteness. Kate delivered them. She LOVED it so so much that we took some to four more families. She couldn't get enough of delivering goodies to people. I promised her we would do more next week.

So only about a week left of school. SO MUCH stuff yet to do. It is almost unmanageable. Today we gave our presentation. I have been working with this cute group of kids. But....I think we can all agree we are glad we don't have to work as a group anymore for a bit. We have been working  together for the whole semester on this one project. It was on how to create a mentoring program. 

  
Monroe


Dominique and Eloisa

(Our other partner Sam isn't in the picture.)

None of us were very happy with how our presentation turned out. It had to be 45 minutes. We took an hour and a half! Talk about how boring we must have been for that long! 

I drove home quite discouraged and in tears. This is what I am leaving my family for??? We will see how we get graded. 

So I am going to get the grade I need out of math to move on to the next math. I honestly didn't put as much time into it as I "should". But where do I squeeze it in and how in the world do I keep it in my head and comprehend it? I just decided it wasn't worth its trouble. And that I would take the C and be happy. So I did all the assignments and I saw this cute kid (below) twice a week and he basically baby sat me through the class. He taught me all the assignments because I didn't even bother reading the assignment because I didn't get it anyway. 

He must be my brother from another mother because all he and I did was banter like siblings. Like non stop. But I really like him. He was so much fun and very helpful and actually did care to help me. 

Eugene is my African friend. He is too cool as well!



Alright... I have to go work on math now. Night!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...