Sunday, December 4, 2011

Closer to Christ Day 2 and Day 3


Holy Schmoly! Did we have a project on our hands! I mean how hard is it to cut out some sheep and lions, color glitter and glue! If it was just the big kids I was working with, no sweat, but add in the little two lovelies and we had a major event going on at the kitchen table.

Kate and Bo LOVE projects of course. They had a blast. The big kids enjoyed it and actually learned something I hope.

We discussed the things that we believe would happen when Christ comes to the earth again. (Do other religions believe the same things in this regard as to the LDS religion? I don't know. Please share if want! The following is what we, as an LDS family, believe about the coming of Christ.)

1,000 YEARS of peace (Wahoo!!!) which will include...

The lion and the lamb will be able to lie down together!

and...













Rhett told me he was excited for Christ to come now! Success!


Nathan wondered if we weren't going to eat animals anymore what would happen to the beef jerky in our fridge.

Kassidy was disappointed that we wouldn't be able to watch anything less than wholesome on TV anymore. (If we can watch TV.) Oh....I hope so. The Middle is just too dang funny!

A few things I forgot to mention on previous posts....

Turns out...Policeman have lots of writing to do. REPORTS people! For every ticket or encounter with a law breaker! That must be why I have been let go free, without getting tickets for my lead foot, 4 times!!!! I have reformed lately though. I guess Rhett will have to stay in school.


My dad told me that he thinks what Bo did with the Nativity was the smartest thing he has EVER seen done with a Nativity. And that is coming from my dad who is a non certified certified genius! Way to go Bo!

Remember when I said my dad was very handy... but I also said he thinks I am a pain? Well, here is why... I stepped on Kate's doll house table and broke a leg off. It is a very important table because it is the ONLY table that the babies booster seats can slide into. And of course it is only sold with the doll house.

I tried to glue the leg back on with gorilla glue (my dad's arch enemy) but it didn't work. I chucked the broken leg.


Then I decided my dad could fix it. He grumbled at me and chastized me for throwing away the leg and then grumbled some more. And pretended he wasn't going to fix it. But I saw it. Oh yes I did! Sitting there on his work bench. Awaiting a fixing.

And later, this masterpeice!



He told me he was going to carve it so it would match the other leg but then his senses took over. Lol.


It's perfect. And Kate was so happy. "Now I can play with my doll house!" Yeah. Because that one little broken table was stopping you from playing with the whole doll house. Funny girl.

Today when Nathan was passing the sacrament it was very quiet. Nathan just so happened to be passing to us. Kate said...."Hi Nathan. Nathan's a good kid. He's our kid." She is so funny.


Today I decided I would have personal interviews with the kids. I decided to just ask them each a few questions about life and how they were doing and if they were praying and reading their scriptures.


And I gave them some warnings about safe usage of the Internet and YouTube and asked about how they thought I was doing as a mom. It was such a sweet little moment with each of them. We started with a prayer and it was so nice. They, of course, having never done this before, were totally embarrassed and thought it was completely WEIRD! But it was sweet. I am going to do it one time a month. I remember as a kid my dad doing this with us. I remember sitting on my parents bed for my interview. Love it.


Also here is a picture of Bo's beautiful collage. Remember I said he had so much fun with it?

Good, huh?!


And just so you know life is real here (I'm big on showing that) here is what sassy teenager did during our Closer to Christ activity.)



No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...