Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Too busy to get close to Christ...day 6

Wow! I had a seriously packed day to day.

I feel guilt over it all the time. Being so busy. Packing my life so full that I have no time for solitude and for time to mediate. (Which is really really really difficult for me to do anyway) But I just worry that someday I will be accountable for being so busy and not having time for the important things. The REALLY important things.

How do you raise six kids and give them each a chance to do one activity, hold a church calling, get asked to speak on Sunday, make two home made Christmas presents, volunteer at school, visit teach, keep house, make meals, which are all important things...without making your self too busy.

I don't know. I am doing the best I can. I hope it is enough.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, Susan. When I have days like this I ponder on the story of Mary and Martha. Jesus said that Mary chose the better part, to sit at his feet and listen, yet he clearly valued Martha too. Maybe we can't be Mary every day. But I often think that the Martha work we do allows OTHERS to have quiet Mary moments. That is service.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...