Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dear Santa, I am ready for my new tools......

Today, I don't know what got into me but I decided to clean the atrocious garage. The mess is mainly my fault but I blame it on Corey for not giving me enough room to be organized.

I don't know why we do it, but Corey and I fight over the garage. It is silly and stupid but we fight over whose junk might be edging over to the wrong side of the shelf. We fight about how much junk the other person has. We fight about why I have the least amount of space. Because I DO and he KNOWS it's true. (You know it's true, Corey)


The majority of his crap is camping and the majority of my crap is family oriented. Holiday decorations, memorabilia, hand me downs to grow into .

With no room for a storage room inside our home, and with a large family, our garage has never stood a chance of seeing a car inside of it. When I need to get a tub out for something, I have to move a bunch of other tubs, and then when I have to put stuff away I can't get back to that tub. So I just toss it on my pile of junk that is always growing there because.....I don't have as much space as Corey.... He knows its true. (You know it's true)


It has been a chronic problem. I clean it several times a year. For some reason this time I think I solved the mess problem. I built a wall of tubs. I can get to them all without having to rearrange a million of them and it also is serving to give me a little...



wait for it...



WORK ROOM!!!!!


Or I should say work section! I have my OWN work table now. (This is my side of the shelves and sort of my side of the garage. (Corey built shelving that could survive a tornado.)


I have huge dreams of being able to build wood things and now I have room to maybe finish that oven for Kate that I started a year ago. (or was it more?)


Also....I have hinted at it before but who can guess what this old crib is going to be????? If you can't guess you'll just have to wait.




And see this little gem I found at the thrift store? It is part of the project. And it isn't going to be Christmassy.

Because I have had no space, I have several projects living at my dads this past month. I am making some elaborate Christmas projects. I REALLY love to do work with my dad. He is brilliant in so many ways including building stuff. He thinks I am a pain because he has to help me but I love to be with him. It is also nice because he can't stop himself from working on the projects while I am gone. So each time I go back over he has done more.


Please enjoy this picture of me stablalizing him while he climbs on a ladder propped against the wall to look for some wood. He told me to push on him to keep him from falling my way. We are kinda lazy that way. You know, unfolding the ladder is a lot of trouble.


My dad has every saved piece of wood or bolt or hinge you could ever need and I will be able to make my elaborate projects for virtually free. Thanks to a SECOND free crib I received. What is it with cribs!


You will have to wait for pictures of these projects lest little people see their present.

I have actually been quite disappointed however, at my wood working ability. I have great desire and thought I could just whip this Christmas project out. Not happening. My dad is having to babysit me through the whole thing!


Sometimes he will give ma a pity hole to drill but other than that, I am in over my head. Hurts myself esteem. I thought I would be good! He keeps saying..."How did you think you were supposed to learn all this stuff, never doing it before?" Basically trying to let me know that it was okay to not know it and that I was being taught.

Anyways, Now I have my work space and I need some tools! Of my own! I have a thing about that. I appreciate Corey sharing with me all this time, but I really want my OWN. And trust me!!!! Corey wants me to have my own also. As we often fight about me not putting his tools away.


Also I used his tool box as a table and I sawed on it. And I sawed about two inches into his plastic tool box. Shhhh! He hasn't noticed yet and this post was way to wordy for him to get through. So don't tell!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...