Friday, December 9, 2011

Not Closer to Christ Day 9

Seriously guys! This was my schedule today!

I had a normal stay home and clean with most kids in school day until 2:30

2:30-Picked up Nathan for orchestra...I drive him to a different school EVERY.DAY. for his class.

Took him to orchestra and ran to pet store to check a part out for my new fish tank. Yep! you heard right. Some sweetie friends gave me their old fish tank. I am so excited. I have been wanting a nice sized one for YEARS.

Picked Nathan back up at 3:40. 10 minutes late.

Drove to take Justine to Physical Therapy for a sprained ankle only to realize I didn't even know where I was going or who the appointment was with. Ran into two places, not the right places. Even went into a chiropractor office only for Justine to remind me I was looking for a physical therapist. Called no less then 8 physical therapists until I finally found the right place. Keeping a phone book in my car is my most smartest idea.

Dropped Justine off and stayed with her. Still have Nathan and Kate with me. Done at 5:15.

Then we ran to Shopko to buy jeans because I don't have one single pair and have been wearing brown hospital pants everywhere that my sil insisted could pass for slacks.

Drove homeish and van dies. So grateful it didn't die in town. Huge thanks to Heavenly Father for saving me that pain as town is nutso right now and it would have been terrible to be dead in town.

Anyways, wait for a bit and Corey comes and tries to start car. Kids love the excitement of being broken down. Except Justine who is too worried about everything to enjoy a little broke down excitement. Corey's fix job wont work, (the battery is just DEAD) he drives us home. He and I drive back, jump it with truck battery, (ward members driving by to go to ward party) and I take off for home. With no lights on because the car was trying to die. It dies again as I pull in drive way.

Go in house at 6:40. Change into new jeans. Grab Nathan and go to Christmas party.

Corey comes a bit late and Nathan plays violin at Christmas party and we eat and chat. (I was BEAMING with pride as Nathan played. Even when he messed up. He is so handsome and it was so lovely to see him dressed up playing. He is now taller than his teacher.

Home at 9:00.

Dealt with one temper tantrum girl, and one feverish boy.

Preparing talk for Sunday.

Not closer to Christ. Closer to nervous break down.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nathan did do great! Yay for having yesterday over! AND we're closer to having tomorrow over too--Hooray!! I'll wish you good luck on your talk if you wish me good luck on my musical number :)

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...