Monday, December 26, 2011

Home Depot Santa and Christmas day!

Here is Home Depot Santa I was telling you about. He is seriously like 7 feet tall! The first item we saw him he looked just like this and gave Kate a candy cane. The next time we went to home depot Kate wanted to go find Santa. I was thinking the chances of this guy working again on the exact time we were there was slim so I decided not to go looking for him. Surprise! Somehow he found us! He is Santa! Bo didn't buy it. But Kate sure did. She loved him.

Why am I at Home Depot so much you wonder? I decided to make the girls fabulous wood projects. I was going to do it at my dads because he is quite talented at all things "building" and...he has a cleaner garage. And the better tools. And himself for advice.

I have been accused several times (much to my extreme annoyance) that I like to drag everyone else into my projects. I sure did this time. I took the projects to my dads, worked a bit on them, basically freaked out because of lack of time, and left my dad to finish them. Without even really asking.

He did a great job. He is a very loving Grandpa and I hope the girls will cherish these gifts and know the love that was put into them....

First...

A rabbit stand. All the cool kids have them. Justine will use this at rabbit shows to groom her rabbits and get them ready for judging. Up until now we have just borrowed our friends, but it will be so nice for her to have her own!!! And with that green color... watch out....the judges will see her coming.


Second.... I saw this great jewelry case made out of a crib here...http://www.infarrantlycreative.net/2011/08/jewelry-organizerroadkill-rescue.html. LOVED IT. Got an old crib and....my dad had to finish the entire thing. I was in over my head. But it turned out great. It still needs the quote on the front but Kassidy spent three hours Christmas morning stocking it full of her jewels. My dad worked on it clear up until Christmas evening. Yea...It's huge. And AWESOME!

Kassidy doesn't look super happy because her brother had shot a Nerf arrow in her eye. She doesn't recover quickly from these kinds of things.

Thanks, Dad. Love you tons.

My mom spent hours making these darling crochet clothes for these little babies for Kate. They are the cutest. My mom has such talent. Dying art I say!



Our new ornaments...Lol.



Bo really wanted them.

Us hanging out...

Dad and Corey

Sherri and Carolyn

My mother in law had us over for a WONDERFUL meal and we basically had a great day. Even on only three hours of sleep. Ugh. Exhausted.

The kids loved all their presents and I think I am finally learning that less is more. Too many presents and they are just lost in the shuffle.

Loved that our sweet girls got Corey and I presents to make up for us not getting any for each other.
Added another reptilian collectible to my collection this year. Last year Justine got me a frog and this year I got a lizard. I just love them. Really. A ton.


Someone very dear to me got me this little ceramic owl. I am NUTS over it.



Also received a few AWESOME salt and pepper shakers to add to my collection.


(These are from Justine)


GREAT CHRISTMAS.

Bo got his Beyblades. He kept singing "oh yeah, oh yeah, I got bey blades!" Great reaction.



Kassidy bought herself this stylin' new coat with the Christmas bonus she received from work (nicest employer EVER).
She pretty much admitted she thinks she is hot stuff now. She is a crack up.

Corey always teases Justine that her real parents were big foots and we found her in the forest. It's there little game and it can get quite funny. Well, now we have proof! Crazy new boots!



Flying their helicopters.







Kate and her Christmas morning yawn. We had to wake her up. Then she was so cold we had to put on a coat and Nathan's snuggie. Yes. We own a real life snuggie. It is hysterical.




It's always fun until someone gets hurt. See the helicopter in her hair?


Wait...No new Glenny Beck book. Hmmm...Corey?...

Oh well, There is always Little Baby New Year. He brings one gift per person in with the new year. It's a long lived tradition from my father's childhood. Don't let me down Little Mr. Baby New year!



Oh yeah....coolest present of the year....LORD OF THE RINGS PEZ DISPENSERS!!!! I mean come on, you know they rock! We each got one last night while we started out LOTR marathon. Corey can do a most incredible impression of Gimly. "My axe!"

I noticed once again that my comma ussage is awful. Sorry. Also I could not get this post to cooperate so excuse it's craziness.

Merry Christmas peoples! I havden't forgotten about Freak Flag Santa. I hope it is still up so I can get a picture tommorow. My SIL taught me the term Freak Flag. Cracks me up.

1 comment:

Janetlee said...

I loved this whole blog! So much fun! Love the chopper in the hair too. Kassidy's coat is beautiful. Hoo Hoo!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...