Thursday, June 30, 2011

yep. I'm doing it.

I'm going camping. Thoughts of Smeagol from Lord of the Rings are running through my head. When he is being the cute side of him and they are dragging him along with something around his neck and he is crying and whining so pathetically. That's me. Only I am pretending I am happy about going.

Oh no they are not going to have fun without me!

Also my Glenny is going to be there. Just thought you should know I am off to see him. I teased with my friends that I was going to smooch him because I love him so much. And then I was going to smooch his wife for sharing him with us all the time.

So hopefully we will have some sort of bonding moment like we did once before. I got it all worked out in my head. And it may include five minutes of uninterrupted eye contact. Bahaaahhaaa. Steve Martin in Baby Mama. That busted me up.

Okay...I leave you with a great statement from my Glenny.....It was an article from his website....

"Glenn will be spending his upcoming vacation searching the world for courage. He is set to begin what he is calling “the search for courage and I’m going around the world and I’m looking for examples of courage.”

“Courage doesn’t come from a bag or a bottle. Courage doesn’t come in mobs,” Glenn said. Courage comes alone, quietly. You won’t be drunk and you won’t be in a mob at the ultimate test of courage. You will be alone.”

I am such a wanny when it comes to any sort of confrontation. It just makes my innards flip flop. I hope I can have more courage. Love Glenny!


Also I leave you with #5 nice thing I did for Corey. He made Justine and I a mini dinner when we were rushing out the door. Instead of taking it for granted I texted him a big thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Courage is just the willingness to do something today that I thought was too hard to do yesterday. Sometimes that's just saying I'm sorry. Or having the patience to tackle a project I thought someone else should do. Or ask for something I've been afraid to ask for.
You don't have to fight mountain lions to be courageous!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil. 4:13

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...