Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Something I hate about myself is.......

It is very hard for me to cheer for my kids during sports.


Am I even yelling the correct thing? Some people yell crazy funny things and I am not even sure what they mean. What if I yell the wrong thing?


So if I do yell it is always very safe things such as...."go"(...which ever kid I am cheering for) or I yell "you can do it" or "nice try" Those are basically the ONLY things I yell. And they sound so LAME! And I mostly just don't yell. And it doesn't help that one kid informed me I was embarrassing.

I am just really shy at the yelling thing. Which is strange because at home I am a serious Pro. As in Professional.

I think my voice sounds weird. It just seems like it is always quiet right when I yell. It is embarrassing. I don't know.

I really envy this mom I sit by for softball. She yells EVERYTHING for ALL the kids and I just think it is a service to the sport of girl's softball and their morale. I really really really like it. You just know she loves her kids and she doesn't care WHO knows it also! I wish I could do be that way.


> Today though...I had my yelling moment of GLORY. I screamed loud and like three huge WAHOO'ES!!!!!!!

Why? Cause my girl CAUGHT the pop fly of all pop flies know to the history of all pop flies. It was a most glorious moment. Honest.


She has spent a spring season and a summer season dutifully playing in the outfield which can be a bit boring. But not today. Today was her moment.


It was totally EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I mean I have NEVER seen a pop fly caught that was this pop of a fly! Love that girl!


I almost cried. It embarrased Rhett. That and we had a clean discarded trash bag wrapped around us because it was raining. (my spell check quit just now. Actually it quit on embarrased. Grr)

I also REALLY REALLY like softball and pitching matching and t-ball. And summer home with my kids to be able to enjoy these times. So thankful. I have much more to say about our month of June sports but I just don't have time cause I am busy living my life. Boo at not documenting but yay at living life. Love life.

Look at her cute softball nails...


Yea. I did the base. I'm pretty good that way. (actually I did them all but only becasue it was her right hand that was being polished and, unlike me, Justine can do NOTHING with her left hand.)




Which now brings me to another story. It annoyed Corey, but we have a son who is a lefty. After we realized we could have lefties Corey spent all his time making sure our babies were all righties. Like putting food on the right side of their high chair tray, or handing them toys to their right hand...etc.




Me? I could care less. I think it is cute and interesting. Besides, Rhett's first Grandpa on his paternal side was a leftie. And we loved him. So I love lefties.




But the story is...I was supposed to be a leftie and my dad forced me to be a rightie because "life is easier for righties becasue it is a right handed world" (true) and therefore becasue I was supposed to be a leftie but was forced to be a rightie....I am ampedextrious. (remember...spell check...broke) I don't know whom declares you an official ampedextrious person but whomever does that would be sure to declare me as one becasue I am. So there.


And if you don't believe me come play softball with me. (Actually, don't. I totally can't play anymore.) But I use to hit leftie and I was better that way then rightie! Oh well, who cares. I gotta go watch whose got talent with the kids now. That show should practically be rated PG-13!


1 comment:

kirstensblog said...

ambi-both
dextrous-able handed
ambidextrous-yes I am a word freak.
Susan-cool fun facts! I shoot best with my right hand whilst aiming with my left eye. A bit awkward.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...