Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I actually made some stuff I pinned!!!! Oh yeah! Oh yeah!

My little niece, Ellie, got married and was never given a wedding shower. So my SIL, Sherri and I decided to throw her one. I really wanted to do those cute fancy things you see on Pinterest. Thanks to my SIL and all of her hard work, I think we pulled off a really pretty table....




I was thrilled over it.



I made these little rings in boxes party favors. I saw them on Pinterest. They were by Martha Stewart. hers looked a little better but she has "people" and I just have me. So mine were less fancy but I thought they were adorable.






I saw a cute banner on Pinterest and decided I could make one! I messed up. The paper was supposed to alternate every other one but oh well! I couldn't bear to print off another one. Whatcha think? Cute?



And I really wanted to make some of those tissue pom poms. I heard a million times how easy they were. So imagine how stupid I felt when I thought they were hard. Mine didn't come out that great. But still cute.




And we can't forget cake balls. The newest trend. Where you make eating cake four times the amount of work.




So....my friend Amy came over and taught me how. And I loved our visit and I loved the finished product, but the whole time I kept thinking....why not just slice a piece of cake? It doesn't take four hours to make?



So....you bake a cake. Then you pour a tub of frosting into it and stir it all around so it is all mushy. ARoll the mush into balls. Then you melt chocolate, roll the balls in it, and put on sprinkles.



The finished product were SO CUTE!!!!! They were a huge hit. And a tiny bit of a waste of time. Except that I had a good friend to hang with during the making process.










And they looked so fancy and cute on the cupcake stands on the white papers....


but this.....


tasted to die for!


It was a fun shower with lots of "cousin" time.





My nieces....Aubrie, Ellie, Ally, Macie


Gerolyn, Sherri, Myrna, Carolyn


Cousins- Tori, Ellie, Justine, Aubrie



If you get on my Pinterest....I decided to make a "board" on my "Pinterest" of all the things off of there that I have actually done. I decided I had no business pinning if I wasn't going to try some of the ideas. I think everyone should make a board of ideas they have tried. It would be fun.



Next up? Justine's 16th birthday! Aaaannnnnddddd.....She wants cake balls. And a photo booth. Thank Heavens for Pinterest.

2 comments:

Red Dragon said...

I think they are all wonderful, you have such talents. I admire your "just do it".

Pirate Princess said...

Oh I think it all turned out gorgeous! You went to TONS more trouble than I ever would have. Awesome woman!!! :)

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...