Friday, January 6, 2012

I guess mercy is the answer.

I am so touched. I KNOW some very loving people. A few days ago our neighbor brought Rhett a cute little blue pencil box chuck full of mechanical pencils. Rhett had been begging me to take him to the dollar store for a pencil box! And you probably remember his desperation from the other day for mechanical pencils. Isn't that so terribly kind? Thank you, friend.

Then today at church Rhett was given another nice mechanical pencil from my friend. He was so excited. Thank you, other friend!

He just beamed from both encounters. I just think it is so wonderful to be able to be on the earth with our heavenly siblings and to be able to be each other's earthly angels. I totally hope I can be peoples angels even in little ways. All those little things mean so very much.



Now...on to the topic of Corey being such a goofball. What else is new, right?

He has been covetous of my five gallon buckets, with their snazzy screw top lids, ever since I brought them home. I make my home made laundry detergent in them. It is working out well except for the fact that the laundry detergent is gelatinous and very liquidy. So it is messy and sloppy. And I haven't had a decent scoop. So I just grabbed a canning jar that was laying around. And yes, I have made a huge mess trying to get the soap in the washer. And the buckets are sitting right next to each other and often (I do probably three loads a day every day, sometimes more) I slosh on the lid of the bucket sitting next to the other bucket. Big deal!

Well, I brought my buckets upstairs to make new soap but they have been sitting in the kitchen for a few days because I haven't gotten around to it.

So the other day Corey looks at my buckets all disgusted and totally serious, gets annoyed and says, "Susan! Respect your buckets!!!!"

BAAHAAAAaa! I laughed a ton over that.






1 comment:

Janetlee said...

Respect your buckets? So funny! I have a respect your grass story I'll tell you sometime.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...