Friday, January 27, 2012

My Glenny has done it Again!!!!

Thanks to my true friend, who reminded me to check out one of Glenny's awesome going ons...I was able to read about his George Washington Challenge. Super inspired. Really want to do it.

He gives a different virtue each month to work on. This month is Diligence. And he has a tracker to track how you are doing. And here is what he wrote for starting ...I love it. I am going to train my children in it for Family Home Evening and I am going to make some goals and maybe encourage the older ones to do it with me. And of course we all mist have great journals to track it in!

Yay!


"THE STARTING POINT

Below are some items pulled from the writings of Washington and Franklin (with additional items added by Glenn) that we've identified as key things to start with and focus on every day. Think of these as "baseline" items to have in your life that are in addition to those things you add as part of this challenge.

Many of these will seem daunting at first, but by adding them to your Monthly Tracker and concentrating on them each day they'll become more and more routine."

■EVERY ACTION MUST BE DONE WITH RESPECT TOWARD OTHERS AROUND YOU.
■SHOW NO DELIGHT IN THE MISFORTUNE OF OTHERS, EVEN THOUGH HE BE YOUR ENEMY.
■IF ANYONE COMES TO SPEAK TO YOU WHILE YOU ARE SITTING, STAND, EVEN THOUGH HE WILL BE YOUR INFERIOR.
■BE NOT HASTY TO BELIEVE FLYING REPORTS TO THE DISPARAGEMENT OF ANY.
■ASSOCIATE YOURSELF WITH MEN OF GOOD QUALITY.
■IF YOU ESTEEM YOUR OWN REPUTATION, TIS BETTER TO BE ALONE THEN IN BAD COMPANY.
■LET YOUR CONVERSATION BE WITHOUT MALICE OR ENVY.
■SPEAK NOT INFURIOUS WORDS NEITHER IN JEST OR IN EARNEST.
■ALWAYS STAND WHEN A LADY ENTERS YOUR CIRCLE OR STANDS BEFORE THE TABLE.
■READ YOUR SCRIPTURES DAILY.
■HAVE A PICTURE OF SOMEONE YOU ADMIRE. WHEN HAVING A TOUGH DAY MOVE IT NEAR YOU.
■MAKE A GOAL EVERYDAY. WRITE AND PONDER IN THE MORNING, REVIEW YOUR SUCCESSES AND FAILURES AT END OF EACH DAY.
■GATHER OTHERS TO SUPPORT HONESTY.
■ALWAYS LOOK A MAN IN THE EYE.
■ALWAYS HAVE A FIRM HANDSHAKE.
■PRAY FOR OTHERS.
■LOOK FOR WAYS TO SERVE OTHERS AT ALL TIMES.
■ALWAYS SAY WHAT YOU MEAN AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY.
■BUILD TRUST THROUGH YOUR ACTIONS.
■DO NOT PARTAKE IN BASHING THE BIBLE.
■DO NOT FIGHT WITH THOSE WHO ARE NOT WILLING TO SEE ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE. WHEN IN BATTLE (ARGUMENT) REPEAT THE OTHER SIDE UNTIL THEY SAY YOU HAVE THEIR ARGUMENT.
■BUILD, NEVER DESTROY.
■ASPIRE TO INSPIRE.

Aren't you INSPIRED!!!!!!???????

I love "Build, never Destroy"! Which one do you love?

2 comments:

Aine said...

"SPEAK NOT INFURIOUS WORDS NEITHER IN JEST OR IN EARNEST" - simply because the word INFURIOUS is so cool. :D

Janetlee said...

SHOW NO DELIGHT IN THE MISFORTUNE OF OTHERS, EVEN THOUGH HE BE YOUR ENEMY.
I believe this 100%. And always find a way to be happy for other's successes, even though you might feel jealous. Celebrate their triumph!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...