Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Eating deodorant isn't advisable and saving drowning bull dogs.... is! It just is!

Tonight Rhett encourage Kate to eat a bit of his broken deodorant. He let her believe it was a marshmallow.

Therefore...what kind of a parent would I be if I didn't "encourage" Rhett to do the same? He was good natured about it. He tried a little nibble.

The two of them spent quite a bit of time drinking milk hoping to get the taste off their tongue. They shared a cup and took turns drinking..

Ahhh...life is funny.

One of the reason Kate so easily believed it was a marshmallow is because Corey made all three boys marshmallow guns for Christmas. They turned out great and the boys really enjoyed them. The rest of us? Not so much. Those little things kinds of hurt and now I keep finding dried marshmallows everywhere. But I was impressed at his efforts to make the guns.

My cute friend, who gave me the owl from the other day, blogged that she wanted an English Bull dog.

It sent me back into time remembering when I worked for a veterinarian. I was maybe 17. I so loved that job. Had LOTS of fascinating experience.

One included watching a lady, grief stricken over the death of her ferret. She literally spent all day in the faculty lounge mourning the loss of her little pet. Just holding its lifeless little body. For HOURS and HOURS. It was so sad. Makes me thankful for my religious beliefs. I hope that lady is okay.

I also really grew fond of Grey Hounds. There might not be a more loving, sweet breed of dog. There were two dogs that lived at the veterinarian's office. They were blood donor dogs. They were used for transfusions. If I remember correctly, dogs all have the same blood type. The Grey Hound and the other blood donor dog, which was a sweet mutt of some type, were walked twice a day and given treats. Some people were critical of their lives being used just for that purpose but at least they were living and taken good care of when so many other dogs are put to sleep. I would love to get a Grey Hound dog now.

One day I went into work and I told a dog, "You're a fat dog". The technician I worked with was highly offended and truly, truly believed it could understand the gravity of the words I spoke. What? I had said it in a nice voice. Jokes on me, I guess. Ha, Ha!

At the clinic, once a month, an animal orthodontist would come and take care of dogs teeth. Mostly English Bull Dogs! That Dr. made a fortune!!!

Once we treated a fawn. As in a deer.

I was bit by a dog. I was fine until the fat dog defender found out and was so kind and compassionate towards me that I started to cry over it. That dog actually sort of hurt my feelings.

I worked the night shift for a week. I was in OVER my head but they hired me because they needed a night person while the main lady went on vacation. I was to give shots, read confusing charts, give fluids, and all sorts of things I had NEVER done. I remember every time I had a question (in the middle of the night of course) I would call a different Dr. instead of the one on call. I was too nervous to call the same one each time. So I spread it around the different Dr's. because I was COMPLETELY inexperienced, there were a lot of calls some nights! They didn't love that so much. They told me to only call the Dr. on call. Ha ha. That makes me laugh.

I worked for a very intelligent and well known reptile Dr. I was so grateful to get to work with him. I learned so very much. I loved reptiles. His name was Dr. B. I called him that FAITHFULLY. He told me EVERY time to call him Tom. I just never could get it through my head. Looking back I bet he wasn't even thirty. Lol. There was a room in the basement where the sick reptiles would go. Because I loved them so much I would always go in that room and clean bowls and care for the room and check out the sick little reptiles. He once told me how much he appreciated that. And that out of all the kids who'd ever worked there, I was the only one whom ever had taken care of that room. Me, being a words of affirmation girl...I still remember that. And feel good about it. And still take pride in it.

And to top my stories off.....I saved an English bull dog from drowning. He was waking up from anesthetic and someone had given him a water bowl. He was so drugged he had his face in it and couldn't figure out how to get out. I mentioned to the Dr. "Hey, is that dog drowning?" We all stared. Indeed it was! In my memory they had to do CPR. Later the Dr. thanked me for being observant and noticing it. The owners LOVED their dog and that would have been a HUGE deal, of course. I always loved that breed of dog as well. Strange though they are.

Now that I have been a house mom (house elf, ha ha) for almost 18 years...I wonder who that brave girl was! I would be so chicken now to have all those experience. It is so good to be youthful and without fear.

Night!

The new Cherry M&M's are super yummy.

Also I wrote once I thought typing lol was stupid. I changed my mind. GAL (Giggle a little)

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...