Sunday, July 22, 2012

Music on Main Rocks!

A few weekend ago we went to visit our cousins. It was nice for Kassidy to get to come with us. She has been working so much and we were happy she was able to join us. (Her sweet boss told us the other day that she was part of their family. They are so kind to her. I love them)

Kassidy and Justine in the car....They spend a few years not being able to stand each other but they are doing pretty good lately. Since I never had a sister I hope they really learn to be friends someday. It has been lonely not having a sister.


Our cousins fed us fed us yummy mongo hamburgers! Those buns were just delightful yumminess.



The cousins have an activity in their town called "music on main" (as in main street) It was a new thing for our kids! They have been so sheltered. There was loud bluesy music and lot of drinking and dancing and drunk dancing. It was a crazy interesting environment. At one point some random boy came over and asked Kassidy for a hug. She was game. Justine starts freaking out next to me...she was sitting on the end...."trade me spots, trade me spots, trade me spots!" So we sandwiched her in between Corey and I so she wouldn't have to worry about any cute random boys asking for hugs. She's so cute.


Rhett and I. Rhett decided to look all somber to tease me...he knows how to mess with me!


Kassidy and Justine

Rashiel and Paigie-pooh

Dancing and concert

Nathan and Dillon


Corey and I (I have officially lost 30 pounds. It scares me to jump to conclusions but it feels so good to not have food controlling me. I hope that doesn't change.)



Cousin Rashiel and Scott. Scott is Corey's first cousin.


I really enjoyed the music and the fresh outside air and hangin' with some friend. I like that kind of chilled out scene.


So...I cut a huge chunk of my finger today with a serrated bread knife. OUCH! I was cutting squash for a lizard we are babysitting and hoping to keep. I love lizards. This guy has the beginnings of metabolic bone disease. I am hoping to get that reversed through proper lighting. I will show you a picture later. We have named him Santiago. He is prehistoric looking and just so creepy cool! At night he actually lays his little (big) head down and goes to sleep. It's almost like I need to cover him up with a blanky and tuck him in. He's so cute. One night we left his lights on too late and the poor guy could barely keep his eyes open. Big baby. We can't wait to get him in his bigger cage tomorrow. He needs it for sure!

I have been really conscience of my "things making me mad" thinking. I think I might have finally grasped the idea. I hope it was worth the effort because I am not really sure how that concept will change my life but I trust Kristopher and his brain changing philosophies, so I am going with it.


The boot store is going fine. I actually ordered a pair of hiking boots because I can get myself killer deals. They will last me the entirety of my life since I only hike... uh...never. But I have to hike at girls camp and since I have not had new shoes for almost five years I got a pair. That is one of my goals since I can get a discount, to get the different kind of shoes I haven't had for a bit. Like snow boots!


 Anyways, I worked with Gus last. He is 26. He has a wife and cute little twins. He made me very happy by saying he though we were the same age because I don't look 40. THANK YOU GUS!!! He asked me what  I like to do for fun in my free time. I felt like the most pathetic person alive when I barely could answer him! I had to finally say blog!


 Free time???? What is that! But I thought it was nice that someone cared about that.


Alrighty...bye!

2 comments:

Janetlee said...

Huge congrats on the 30 lbs! And as always, your blog is so fun to read.

Susan said...

Susan said...I don't know what is up with my text being white. Annoying!

Melissa said...‎30 lbs lighter! Awesome! But tell me, how did you do the food doesn't control you thing? I think my life revolves around junk I can/do eat...I'd love to know how to end the cycle, well, at least try and avoid it! Congratulations, again, great accomplishment!

Suzanne said...That is such a great accomplishment Susan! Congratulations! =)

Susan said...Melissa...I'll post about it in the next few days...

Mary said...you should be very proud♥

Nancy said...So happy for you!

Tiffany said...You are looking so good!!!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...