Sunday, July 15, 2012

Remember I told you guys I was saving marriages?


The other day Rhett and I were in Wal-mart (BLECKOLA!!!!) and I saw my way pregnant friend. After we chatted a bit I took Rhett aside and made him shake (although he wasn't quite as passionate as  I was about it) that he would promise me right then and there that every child his wife bore, he would send her flowers in the hospital NO MATTER WHAT!

I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT UNDERSTAND why this has not passed as a law yet. When a women has a baby she needs flowers in the hospital. Plain and simple.

I am not even complaining about Corey in regards to this because I did receive flowers a few times.

I am just saying it needs to be a rule.

My new boss Nick just had a baby boy. We were chatting, in between saving men's feet by selling appropriate work boots, (No joke! Today I had to make sure this man had the right tread to climb on a house!! Talk about responsibility!) and I asked Nick if he sent his wife flowers. He said no. Of course I was like....What the what is that all about!!!!! He said....IT HADN'T EVEN CROSSED HIS MIND!!!!!!!!

I guess I am a meddler. I told my boss that he needed to do that right away. Even though she is already home from the hospital I told him he still needed to do it and thank her for giving him a son. ASAP!!!!!!

He actually liked the idea and said he would. It had just NEVER accured to him. FOR REALS  PEOPLE?????

I also told him that under NO circumstances was he to tell her that I said to do it. I told him he needed to pretend he came up with the idea all on hims own! He said since  I gave him permission to do so he would.

So a few days later when I came to work he was very excited to tell me he had done it and that she loved it.

I am totally full of good advice. People should listen to me more often. I could save the world.


1 comment:

Susan said...

Melissa said...You could save the world, through feet and your wise words!

Mary said...where were you when Ken gave me lilies one Easter, and I said"who died" LOL

Janelle said...You are absolutely right. Shawn only gives me flowers out of the blue and never on the traditional times when everyone else is doing it. It's what I prefer and he knows that, and it makes it all the more special when he does. Although one of those times IS the birth of our children : )

Michelle said...I agree. I loved this post, but I am now going to go glare at my husband. Be back in a few.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...