Thursday, July 26, 2012

Super Duper Thankful and I like glitter.

Eternally grateful for the compassion shown to me by Super Hero Therapist, Kristopher. Can't even be more thankful. There is not one ounce of more thankfulness available inside of me for his kindness. I truly don't know how he does it. I wish you all could have one of him also. If I could smash him and his compassion up, and sprinkle it like glitter amongst all of you, to ease your burdens, and sooth your sorrows, I would. He is that great. And I know all of you deserve one of him as well. I don't know why I was chosen to be so lucky. (BTW, I put the girl's glitter on my face the other day just to be cool... That stuff spreads and sticks!!! I could not get it off! I went in town like a glittery fairy! I liked it. I admit it.)

I am learning from him some important lessons on giving others that same compassion that he shows me. Maybe that is how I will be able to share him. Learn it myself. Actually I think that is part of his plan.

I am defiantly a work in progress. I am still learning. SO MUCH. And he says that is okay. And that I am never going to be perfect and that is okay also.

I think I have grasped the concept of not saying something "makes" me feel a certain way. I have become very aware of it now. And I hear Justine say it a million times a day and now I cringe. So I think it has stuck with me.

Now the other thing he is teaching me feels feels very daunting. But I know I will be able to grasp it with practice as well. There are so many skills to communication that I never appreciated before. I am sure you have all heard of this before...where when someone says something you say..."what I hear you saying is....." and you repeat what you think they said. It prevents miscommunication and it helps the person be heard. So that is what I am working on now. So I might be annoying to talk to. :) Wait...What did you hear me just say to you? Repeat it....Lol.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Linda said...I just spent some time catching up on your blog and wanted to tell you how great you are. Your writing so often touches something deep inside me, inspires and uplifts me, and makes me smile. I'm blessed to know you; I'm a better person because of you. Thank you. For all you are and all you bring to the world.

Michelle said...I bet you look loverly in glitter :) I am so happy you have Therapist Kristopher! And you are sharing him with us in a way~ so thank you for that :)

Mary said...You've always had your own sparkle-those amazing eyes:)

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...