Sunday, December 22, 2013

I think I might be a tiny bit lazy. And I am okay with that.


alrighty....

so I have a little table in a little room that is like off of our living room. I do all my blogging, homework, projects, kid's homework, laundry, at this table. I love this little room because it is still in the room that the family spends most of the time with but it is a little bit away from that room so I can sort of be "there" and not "there" also. Does that make sense?



Tha bag is my trash. And I adore a sleeping dog under my chair. I feel very happy when he is there and I can pet him with my feet.



It is my happy place in my home because I love a place to do projects. I don't do well without some sort of project on my plate...


My drawer full of unfinished quiet book pages. But it makes me happy that they are there. So I have them to work on when I get bored.

Take note how far away my lamp is from my chair. When I want to turn on my lamp I have to move the table and reach up high and turn on the lamp.... I don't know...it's inconvenient!!!!


And then I told Corey for Christmas I wanted him to make me a swithc on my lamp that was low down by my chair. He TEASED and TEASED me. He thoght it was so lazy.

Then my friend told me that they make THESE!!!!!


It is a plug in light dimmer. My lamp plugs into it and then the switch can go wherever I want it and I can turn the lamp on whenever I am already sitting down and remember I want the lamp on. It is beautiful. 


Now I want one for the lamp by me bedside. Even though it is only a tiny bit away (like I have to lift my arm and stretch from my pillow). But you know when you're tired....how it is hard to make yourself move to turn off your lamp....if I just had a little dimmer switch....that would be awesome.

Corey and I get home from some CHristmas shopping and look out the window and see this....

Nathan pullling Justine and Kate around in the sled like a pack horse! Love that boy!






So Saturday was such a fun, nice, day for me to have off. As planned I made cookies form Pinterest.

Kate unwrapped the Hershey kisses and pushed them in the cookies. I will admit I didn't let her help the entire time. My patience level is not that high. But she was still happy and said "we" made the cookies so I hope she will remember that.



 


These cookies were SO SO good!!!! I loved them! Here is the blog I found them on but here is also the recipe....

candy cane kiss cookies

Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 12 min
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/4 cups butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon peppermint extract, optional
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Candy Cane flavored Hershey's Kisses, finely chopped
granulated sugar
additional, unwrapped Candy Cane Kisses- about 30

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Make room in either refrigerator or freezer for your cookie sheet.

2. In large mixer bowl, combine powdered sugar, butter, extracts and egg. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often until creamy (2-3 minutes). In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to wet mixture and beat, scraping bowl often until well blended (1-2 minutes). The mixture will be a bit crumbly. Stir in chopped Kisses.
3. Shape dough into 3/4-inch to 1-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar. Place 1-inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set. As soon as they come out of the oven, press a Candy Cane Kiss in the center of each cookie. They'll crack a little around the edges, so just use your fingers to kind of hold the cookie together while you set the kiss inside. Put cookie sheet (with cookies) immediately into the freezer (preferred) or refrigerator so that the Kisses will set quickly. As soon as you press them into the cookie, they will begin to soften... so if you can get them into the freezer then they will keep their Kiss shape.
4. Store in a covered container- at room temperature for up to a week. In the freezer they should be ok for a couple of weeks.



I made this other kind.... and I couldn't decide if I LOVED them or not. But this cute girl rated them at a  10! I actually thought it was a ten the next day. They are made from a cake mix and cream cheese and CHUNKS of Oreo's in them! That is lovely, right?




 Here is the recipe and the LINK for these also. One problem, although I have seen the RED peppermint Andes chips in the store before, I couldn't find them. I ended up using a Guidelli's peppermint bark bar and it was good also!

Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes
Yield: 36 cookies
Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies
Ingredients
1 box white cake mix (15.25 oz.)(I use Pillsbury)
1 stick butter, melted (8 Tbsp.)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
 
4 ounces cream cheese, softened 
 
1 cup Oreo cookie chunks
1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch pieces
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. Combine the cake mix, melted butter, egg, and extracts. Beat until a soft dough forms. Add the cream cheese and beat in gently until combined. Stir in the peppermint crunch pieces and chocolate chips first. Then gently stir in the cookie pieces by hand being careful not to break up the cookie more. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
  2. Roll the dough into 36 balls. Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Do not over bake. The cookies will be very soft and look undone. Let them sit on the hot cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then gently remove them with a spatula to a piece of wax paper on the counter.
  3. Very gently tap the tops of the cookies with the bottom of the spatula to even out the tops. Let them sit until completely cool. Store in a sealed container. Makes 36 cookies.



It was fun to do some baking. And now of course I am regretting eating too many.

Justine took the little kids to get their picture taken with Santa. Thankful for those kids to help me "mother" when I am working. :(

It was a fundraiser for our local library. The kids got to make these Rudolph bags.

Their slight creepiness cracked me up.

They are cute though.


Kate's

Bo's

 And they were filled with oats and sprinkles to feel the reindeer's. Kate has been so cute to diligently sprinkle some on our front porch every night.

Rhett received his yellow belt in Jujitsu. So awesome. I love what he is learning there. It is about more than wrestling. It is about being a disciplined man. I love it.



The little kids sang in church today with all of the other primary children. Our primary chorister is this hilariously spunky beautiful funny fun lady.


She gave every single kid in our primary a homemade drum with a drum thing that you hit the drum with. What is that called? So there all of the kids up at the podium with DRUMS!!!! It was like..."Wow...this could be funny!"

But those kids behaved so well and drummed exactly when they were supposed to and controlled themselves the rest of the time. It was precious. They sang "Little Drummer Boy".

Thanks, Teresa, for having the nerve to attempt these cool, cute things for the kids. I loved their performance so much!


No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...