Sunday, December 1, 2013

My worst regret ever? Of all the regrets that don't really matter that much?


Not buying a prelit tree.

I bought my tree after Christmas one year and I was just so worried about some of the lights breaking if it was prelit.  I didn't even spend that much on it. I have spent HOURS getting the lights on. I am sort of fussy about it. And it has been such a PAIN! And taking the lights off is such a pain also. I should have just bought a prelit!

But we did get the tree up. And it looks fine. Actually, pretty sparkly and full of ornaments! It is totally a "kids" tree. I didn't worry about any of it but the lights. I had to force the older boys to do five ornaments each so they would help get it done. ha!

Have I also mentioned I don't really "love" having a tree up? It so crowds are living space. At this point I am doing so much of the traditional stuff I do, "for the kids". Maybe that is just how it gets when you are getting older.

My brother and his family came up for Thanksgiving, although we spent Thanksgiving with Corey's family. It was great.









And we still got in a lot of time with my brother and his family as well.

The boys!


Bo and Kate got some Grandma time while....



we all went to a pizza place and the mall. Zoe got to visit with Santa.







We went to the LDS Temple. Rhett's first time. (You can go in when you are 12)


Wendy and I, getting ready to watch the big wedding.


This is Thanksgiving Day. I wore my Steelers shirt because although I couldn't care less about foot ball, the boys in our family root for the Steelers. Whenever I wear my shirt it makes them all happy. Cracks me up. So about twice a year I wear it just cause they love me so much when I do.

Wendy has become one of my newest favorite people. She is so stinking funny. It has been so fun spending time with her this year. We are all bonded now. I love it. So next year do not be surprised if I just drive myself to California...just. because. I. can.

So Zoe is the perfect cousin for Kate. She taught Kate all the low down about playing with dolls. They prepared a wedding to the boys on the One Direction pillow. They created a hair veil out of tissues and also a tissue bouquet.Zoe even let Kate wear her clothes for the special day. It was so cute. And we were happy as Kate is getting a doll similar to these for Christmas! So we are hoping Zoe taught her to appreciate and love the art of proper doll playing.



The girls!


So....with Thanksgiving and my brother visiting and lots of eating I gained 2 mathematical pounds. If I am SUPER disciplined I will lose those pounds in TEN days. Four days of eating.....TEN days of  eating 1200 calories. It is SO HARD. And I can TELL I have gained those two pounds. It is discouraging. The scale says I gained more. But I ignore the scale and go stickily off math. But it discourages me very quickly. I do not want to go back and I do not want to be super disciplined. So I am in a quandary.....and I am also a binge eater. I ate 8 candy bars. When I realized I had blown it, I ate 8 candy bars. So stupid! And it sounds like it should be easy to just eat 1200 calories and get it done with! But every day is a new challenge to mentally stay on my toes and resist food. And I can do well all day and then by evening I am too hungry and I blow it. Sigh.


But one thing...I LOVE baked sweet potatoes. Plain. They are truly divine. I eat one a day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fine blog, blog on. Dad, CKentC, Grandpa, ....

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...