Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Something astonishing happened....


So tonight was mine and Rhett's beloved dollar ice cream night at Basking Robbins. It's always the same thing. We sample a new kind...and each order our same old kind.

But tonight.........The sample was Peppermint Bark in the Dark.




It was SO GOOD!!!!! For the first time in ever I had to get that kind instead of my favorite.

In my social work class we learned something about twin experiments. Where they found twins that had been separated at birth but had the same mental illness proving that mental illness could be biological. It was pretty interesting.

AND GUESS WHAT????

While my brother was here visiting...I learned that his most very favorite ice cream from Baskin Robbins is....duh nuh nuh nuh....




Peanut Butter N' Chocolate!

Can you believe it? And we aren't even twins.

I have a friend. She is a true sister to me. I love her guts. Here is a link to a wonderful Christmas thing she is doing. I just love all her ideas and the thought she puts into her children.

http://joyfultoday.blogspot.com/2013/12/our-advent.html

I have guilt because I feel like I was like that once. And then I burned out. Are you tired of hearing that yet? Or maybe you don't believe me? Or maybe you think it is what I deserve because I had so many children?  I love large families. And I will NEVER regret mine. And I put SO MUCH effort into them. And I just need to slow it down a bit. I can't "run" that fast anymore. I need a break. As the kids get older they get bigger and sassier and snarkier and there is just a lot of them and I am out numbered. And the little kids are wild monkeys. And I am just breathing for a bit. Catching my breath. And I think less is okay too.

But I LOVE Aine's ideas. And I am going to choose about ten and do them. I can do ten. Okay, maybe eight.

And here are some spiritual ones she found. I love the idea also.

http://25daysofchrist.com/pages/the-twenty-five-days

My kids keep wanting me to do the "Christ for Christmas" that I did one year, where we studied Christ. So I thought maybe I would just choose some of them and do a few. Because I can't do more and stay sane. Not this year. Not with school and work and mothering.

So, I think it is okay to do what you can. And not do it all. And some is better than none. That is what I think. Kristopher would be so PROUD because that was not a black and white statement. Go me.

He told me he was proud of me today. It felt nice. We should all have someone tell us they are proud of us. I'm a words of affirmation person. I like that. I also like pet names.

I found these pictures from when I was a child. We were like so ecstatic because it was this terribly tall tree.


Look at the stuff my brother and I got!!!! The barbie doll motor home. It was the best gift ever.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That tree seems to stand tall, but it had to have a clear fish line at the top to the beam to guarantee it was going to stay standing. So, think of it as mild engineering for the tree to stand tall without the spreading roots.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...