Monday, December 23, 2013

I have gained one pound in pure Christmas cookies. BOOOOO!


What a day. I will be so glad when Christmas break is over!

Oh wait....it's only day one? Oh yeah. Shoot.

My kids fight, friends. And it is e.x.h.a.u.s.t.i.n.g. It is just the three youngest. They just fight. I hate it.

And I swear the kids like to play tag team with me. The second one is done telling me something they go and tag the other kid and that kid comes and talks to me. Then that kid tags the next kid and then that kid comes and talks to me. It gets tiring! Even. though. I. know. I. should. be. thankful. they. want. to. talk. to. me.

So today Becci and I had group. I am still agitated that Kristopher quit having group. Becci said to me today, "I thought we were over that?" And I said, "well, I guess we aren't". But then we remembered that our group is way funner than his group was anyway so we got over it again. Actually it is just me who is annoyed but since Becci is a codependent group member it is "we". Bahaaa! That is stinkin' funny.


So today as I was driving into town I started fish tailing a little. And then a little more. And then a little more. I was calm and like "whoah" "whoah" "wohah" and I just kept steering trying to gain control. There was one car coming my way watching the whole thing and I am sure they were wishing they weren't sharing the road with me right then! And then.....I did a complete 360 and went spinning into their lane and I KNEW I was going to clip them right when I went past...backwards. But...I didn't. I just poofed into the side of the road and was perfectly fine. And it was a crazy miracle I didn't hit them. It was a lady and she got out of the car and I did too and I told her "I almost creamed you!" and we hugged and laughed about it and she helped me get out of my stuckedness.

It was scary and funny and a huge blessing.




We hugged like three more times and it was just so nice to have peace on earth with the lady you almost crashed into. She told me "I just closed my eyes!" She also told me I was doing really good handling the car.

So my old kids are all watching High School Musial. It is so cute.

I was very touched by Rhett tonight. He has been gone most of the day with his Grandpa Dale, Corey's mom's husband who we are thrilled to call as Grandpa.

Rhett LOVES to work. LOVES. He wants to call Grandma every day to work. And if I shouldn't want to drive him over there, he will lecture me about them being older and needing help.

I tell him never to accept their money. That he is to do it for free. Grandma usually feeds him very well and sends home food to "pay" him because she knows I said he can't accept money.

So tonight he came home, so happy, carrying ALL of these presents for Corey and I. Grandpa Dale and him had spent THREE hours at Walmart shopping for Corey and I. Dale said it was so fun and he helped him and that he had to really shop and think about what to purchase for us. Rhett said Dale did that to pay him for all the work he has done. Dale told me what a special boy he was because of his genuine love for work.



It broke my heart in such a sweet way. And I am seriously excited to see what he picked out for me! Corey has one (his cost more). And the rest of those puppies are mine!!!! Is that bad? Am I being greedy?

I am thankful for Dale to teach him those lessons today. Rhett told Dale that this was the fun part of Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rhett is so eager to help and work on things. He has been that way as early as I can remember when he picked up the hammer and a nail. He proceeded to drive it into a board set aside to be used. He was satisfied with the board I gave him to just hammer on..

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...