Tuesday, May 27, 2014

get off my kid's pillow! Fo reals already!


Often times for my birthday Corey sends me to a hotel alone for my birthday. I love it! But this year I just didn't want to because of money. I told my friend Becci I was going to come to her house instead for my birthday. Then I forgot. And she and I planned a movie night and a sleep over (the family was gone camping and I had to work so i couldn't me no love camping darn! She had to remind me it was my birthday celebration. It was so much fun. We went to a super funny movie, out to dinner, did crafts, then sat in her bed and ate chocolate and watched TV. And we had chocolate and subway for breakfast too. Love my nice friend.

That is one thing in the world that I have been blessed beyond measure with, (I am sure there is more than one thing, lol) is girl friends. I have the best-est friends ever. 



And she bought us matching P.J's!!!! It was hysterical. 



Every single night Kate shares her pillow. These pictures are different nights. Kate is seriously the cat's most favorite person. I think that the cat knows Kate is the reason it is even allowed in the house (it's not our cat even, remember?)  I do cringe that the cat is sleeping so close to my kids head. Somehow that is probably not healthy. 

 







I am still seeing Kristopher. He still listens and helps me think rationally. He still tells me not to be a victim. He's not afraid to redirect me! He still is teaching me lots.

I guess I will explain why I have been seeing him for so long. I did this cool psychological trick unconsciously called transference. It has been so much fun. NOT!!!!!! Here is the definition of transference....redirection of feeling: in psychoanalysis or other psychotherapy, the process in which somebody unconsciously redirects feelings about something onto a new object, often the analyst or therapist. 

Actually, we all do transference all the time. Perhaps we see someone we automatically dislike because they remind us of an aunt we hated...(totally just an example, I have the best Aunts ever!)

So I have taken some feelings from my past and transferred them onto Kristopher (all by accident) and it has been a mess to sort though. And it has been extraordinarily confusing and painful. And I have learned a lot and been given a lot of gifts from it and suffered a lot because of it. At first I was so confused and Kristopher asked me if I knew what transference was.

 I literally said to him "Uh YEA! I watch TV you know!" Like Oprah. and Dr. Phil. 

And then I dismissed the whole thing. But later Heavenly Father taught me and blessed me and led me in the right direction to figure it all out and get some relief from it. Because even though it seems so hokey and fake, it is as real as breathing. Kristopher told me that once. And I know for a fact it is.

So that is where I am at with therapy. And that is why it is taking so long. Because I like to make things as difficult and complicated and strange and painful as possible. It is just how I roll. 

Goodbye. I have math to do. I got a 100% on my test last week. Then....this week I had to review it again and I literally forgot everything I knew last week. FOR REALS!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRR. 

I sit by the cutest two kids ever. So sweet and nice. I love them. Today our teacher taught us the steps to solving word problems. #1) Don't Freak. And #6 Bam! In yo face word problem! I'm not doing much of #6 yet. Actually I am struggling with getting #1 done! 

Oh...and I was so glad to get this project done. I was in charge of the kindergarten scrapbook page from October and I just barely got the little kids turned into Frankenstein  on my computer. Glad to have that project done!
 I can't quit! It has been so long since I blogged.

I LOVE these pictures of Kate and her Uncle Dan (Corey's older brother). They were doing a crossword puzzle together. Sweet.


 

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...