Wednesday, May 28, 2014

You know nothing makes a mamma happier than this!!!!!!


Falling asleep while reading? Yes, please! 

Having children who love to read it a gift I don't take lightly. Actually I only have some who like to read and some who still don't and a husband who absolutely doesn't like it. But when kids start to read it really gives them a whole new world. With poor Rhett's struggles I had forgotten what it was like for a kid to take off on reading. 

Bo has!!!!! He reads hours every night now. Love it! LOVE HIS SCHOOL AND TEACHER and all of their efforts on his (and mine's) behalf.


And Kate loves to listen to these books on tape. They are from my childhood and are about values and such. I loved them. I see her reading just right around the corner and I hope she enjoys it as well. It sure makes bed time easier!



Children...that is a tape cassette.




So I got out the type writer to work on my art therapy class and you would have thought I had brought home an alien. The kids were like "WHOAH!!!!!! WHAT IS THAT????" 

They all begged (even my older boys) for a turn to type something. It was sweet.













Every single kid insisted on a turn. It was cute.

I have started a new thing. I had a friend tell me about it and I heard about it somewhere as well.

I am admitting it here. I am not spending much time in prayer. Okay that means none. And I don't like being like that. Kristopher has told me over and over that one of the reasons he believes we often feel so alone on earth is so that we will try to have a relationship with God and Jesus. He says that is what he does.

So I started today a "prayer journal". I had an incredible blessing that said to me "I will not abandon you" and I just didn't know how to be grateful enough. So I wrote it in this new prayer journal. I have  a thing for notebook type journals. LOVE THEM. And they make so many cute ones. I wrote a prayer of gratitude just like a letter addressed to Father in Heaven. I have to say it felt very good. And it felt received. And I liked it because I like to write and I liked it because I was able to be focused on and not stray in my thoughts like I do other wise. 

Math has left me behind. I am officially confused. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And the Remington that is worthwhile Is now back in action. No outside trips. No day or night. Just mystery and interest and thoughts. Ready, set, fire! More words. More thoughts. More fun.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...