Saturday, July 4, 2015

Our trip home was sooooo long becasue we had to stop here!!!!



So remember how I use to tell you guys that one of the first things Kristopher ever taught me was nobody else can "make" you feel a certain way. It took me months for me to quit saying that someone else "made" me feel a certain way. Months. Months. Kristopher would call me on it EVERY time. 

When I finally understood why he was drilling it into my head I was very thankful he didn't let it go. It is really about...not allowing someone else to have power over your feelings. It's pretty cool actually. It's about being empowered and being in control of your own feelings. Not allowing someone else to determine how you feel even if you are in yucky situations (Mans Search for Meaning). 

So you can imagine my surprise when my second therapist disagreed with my first therapist! I almost fell out of my seat. She was talking along when she suddenly said sarcastically "I know no one can make you fell blah blah blah...." she said blah blah blah. I just sat there. Confused. 

She then said that she has debated this topic with psychologists before. Her belief is that someone can "make" you feel a certain way initially. But then it is up to you to change, redirect, let go of, analyze those feelings and do what you will with them The choice is then yours. 

I can see her point. I even wonder if she might be right because it does seem as if someone can make you feel something because it often happens so fast that you don't have time to automatically not feel feelings. But then after you take a breath and use your skills you can take back your control and decide how you want to feel. 

I think this might be helpful to explain to Justine who get sososososososoosos ANNOYED with me because I am always telling her "No one can make you feel a certain way!" She argues and doesn't believe me. So maybe she will accept Joanna's idea better.

My SIL told me about a cool place to stop off at on our way home from our trip. An aquarium! I love aquariums! I instatnly dismissed the idea when I realized it ould cost an extra $100.000 for all of us. But the idea nagged at me and since we rarely go to Utah I decided that we were going. 

I think I liked it more than the kids! I totally loved it to death. It was so FUN! I realy enjoyed the trip becasue my little got along the whole time practically. My big kids rarely fight. They rarely bicker. It is so lovely. My little kids....I almost die becasue they fight none stop and it makes my brain short curcut and I almost stroke out. Honest. Serious.

There were lizards....which are my favirot animals....



Birds...(Cousin Justin is quite entertaining...)


One of my favirotist little pictures. Kate just loves life and is so very interested in EVERYTHING there is to see and be a part of. And she loves animals. 




Bo, so cute. Presenting....this enormous snake!


It's hard to tell but this is a BIG tarantula. 


Cousins are the best.




Bo ADORES Nathan. I have to stay on top of Nathan a little to remember to be very sweet with him so as to not hurt his little feelings. 



This worker was super cute with the little kids, Bo was discusing his finger nail getting ripped off and his tactic to tell people about the shark biting it off. 




Okay, can we discuss one of the trajedies in the world?

OTTERS. 

They are the cutest animals alive and yet...they are always sleeping!!! Boo. 


At this exhibit you could poke your head up into the exhibit and watch the otters.....sleep.


I love all the big boys shoved in the little box trying to see the otters...



Cute Justine lifting Bo up so he can see...



Smooshin' a penny


So Bo stood and stared at this fish for a long long time. It is supposed to come up for air every twenty minutes. We didn't out wait him though. He won. Bo really wanted to stay and see it but it is hard with six kids who all want to see different things...





I think Bo is just such a cute and sweet litttle guy. His mind is just a workin' and sometimes he is very very quiet. He's thinking. Deep thoughts. hahahaha




Jelly fish are just the weirdest things ever.... Do they have a heart? Are they an animal?





So. I have been reading the Jack Canfield Book FOREVER now. (I get bored and change books a lot) I have like five I am almost done with) It said to make a list of 100 "bucket list" type ideas. So I did it. Big things, little things.... One of them was to go to an aquarium and stand under sharks....

Well it just so happens that this aquarium had sharks and a tunnel to stand under! It was quite spectacular. although I really was thinking in my mind it would be like great white sharks...but I guess they must not have those? That was dumb of me to think that?






So while it was on my list of things to do, Justine literally started feeling symptoms of being ill as we talked about it in the car. She is terrified of sharks and water. It cracks me up and she is so cute about it but she really gets true anxiety over it and she makes me laugh. She'll turn white and shiver and get all concerned. 

SO, I was VERY PROUD that she walked through the tunnel. Which almost made her dizzy and throw up. But she walked through it. A brisk walk albeit.  

And then she stood at this end and wouldn't come in again.




Other things in the tunnel...



So this sea turtle was AWESOME, and he has an interesting story!





He was hit by a boat they think. And he got a bubble under his shell. It is called bubble butt. So he couldn't sink to the bottom of the ocean. He could only float. So he had to go live at the aquarium where they added weights to his shell so that he could sink and stay alive!


And a few months before this happened he was bit by a shark!!!!!


While under the shark tunnel I tried to get some selfies with the sharks behind me.
Ummmm....it's impossible. 






Another exciting thing was a touch pond. The kids got to touch sting rays, star fish, and little spiky things that I can't remember the names of. Of course Kate especially liked this and even got her hair wet at times bending so far over into the water...

























Bo is always a lot more cautious around animals then Kate. He didn't care to touch them very much. :)

So there was also this fun "bridge". It was pretty high actually! It was great fun. 


I as actually a little freaked out. I am pretty scared of heights! As soon as the two little stinkers behind me caught wind of it they began to wiggle and shake the whole thing as I was going across. And they weren't even my kids!





Kate makes it!


Justin RAN through it...


Nathan makes it!

Bo and I making it....





Justine going for it!


Rhett and Kate making it!!!!




Bo took this picture of me!


The Penguins so much fun! This little penguin had a baby!!!!! It was a huge deal! The other laid two eggs but they can only raise one when they are new mom's so the other one was being cared for 24-7 by workers. It was very exciting because you could sometimes see the baby peak out from the parent penguin. At one point it lifted up its bummy and squirted pee everywhere. That was an exciting moment, trust me
















The kids watching the penguins from the bleachers.


Always exciting to watch the penny swirl down the funnel


And you can't convince me that this ins't the cutest little fish ever!


And inside the jaws of.... I didn't read it. I actually don't even know. Look at that face!





Checking out the gift store stuff!


No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...