Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I had to ground myself.

I have purchased way to many shoes. Not just for me but for my kids Christmas last year too. And by purchase I really mean put on layaway. And by always I really mean I took them home already but still owe money for them. I really really have a kind and patient boss. He is really kind to me. So I had to ban myself from shoes. 

It's just, guys. I wear a size ELEVEN. And before I worked at my job I owned two pairs of BOYS shoes! UGLY! Because I didn't know I could get girls shoes in my size anywhere. And so I kind of own a lot now. 

Also...LOOK at what people are doing in storage sheds in their BACK YARDS!!!!

Okay, I know this is a pub and I don't want to make a pup but if I had a little room like this with air conditioning and decorated in ways I love....it would just be awesome!!!!!!!


Speaking of air conditioning....It's hot. And I don't do well in the summer. Today I was even dizzy. I hate the heat. And I hate the cold. I want spring and fall all year round. 


Anyone sick of hearing about me and sugar yet? I ate it but now have quit again for a few days. I am just trying and trying. 

But I totally feel like this A LOT! 


One of the things I heard the other day about the LDS church addiction recovery program  HERE
was that it wasn't a weight loss program. My friend said it is a program about "reclaiming physical and spiritual health....being aligned with truth about how to do that, but most importantly reconciled to God and His Son. These steps lead you to a beautiful relationship with them."

So that is where I am at. Trying to stay commit ed to work on that and to stay commit ed to eating healthy. Which sometimes I JUST DON"T CARE. But then when I feel like crudola I care. And there was a time when I was super sick because of my weight with high blood pressure and a new baby and remember swearing that if I could regain my health I would take better care of myself. So I have to remember that even though eating a donut right now might not make me super sick...there is a time when it will. Like with diabetes. 

That topic is boring. Let's talk about my trip. We went to a children's museum and it was SO GREAT. it was free (but with a donation) and it was just COOL!!!!! And we were totally skeptical if the big kids would like it too and they DID!!! The boys about tore up the place.

There were many different themed rooms. The farm room....


Kate collecting eggs...


 Trying out old and fancy phones....haha, I have that pink one...


The airport and mechanic room...

Kate in the little airliner coat and getting suitcases on the plane....



Kate and cousin Macy were flying the plane


 and Justine and I were the people getting flown....does that have a name?


Kate checking out the engine of the car...


Cousin Macy under the car doing a few repairs....



Kate having her turn.

Filling up the car with gas and oil! (Just pretend of course)



 The president room! Bo in the voting booth!



 The big boys wanted to vote too.

Rhett and the boys were trying to put on the old fashioned George Washington outfits...


Justin sitting in the President's desk


The grocery room! Kate doing some shopping!


Checking out groceries...


 There was a FROZEN room! (I still haven't even see the movie.) And TOMORROW I have a special Frozen surprise! 

Uncle David, Kate, Justine! 



Cousin Justin, Nathan, Ethan


Ethan (The boys sure do look up to this cute kid!)


We cracked up because these dumb pictures of the boy's hair in the face spots and we were amused that Rhett's was as thick and looked like a beaver pelt. haha


In the Frozen room they had this little icy hill to slide down....

Rhett competing with Macy...





Bo's favorite room was this room where you played basket ball in the wheel chair. He loved to try to work the wheel chair.


Kate in a castle



 There was this science room.....
The kids had fun trying to pull a big bubble up around them! 





You had to whip the ring up super fast to have a chance of standing inside a bubble before it popped...

Kate's turn!

Bo really liked it...

This thing was so cool...







This was pretty cool....

You can see the bones opening a door knob as you open the door knob. The bones move as your hand does showing you what bones are moving when you try to open a door. 


The music room!

Justin was playing the "air" instrument. You would just run your hand through it and it played music!



What ever this pipe thing was I loved it. It would play different tones as you hit it with the little paddle...



This drum was cool as well. I went to a concert with these in college (my first go around) and it was awesome!!!!!!!


Ethan has taught himself to play the piano....he is VERY talented.




Kate checking out her thumb print. It would show up on the screen.


I don't know what this would be called. It was basically a marble machine with ping pong balls. The family spent a lot of time all working on it trying to get it to work. It was really cute to watch them all work together and intently try to get it to work. 



The thing the boys are playing on had tubes that ran all over head. you would yell in one tube and the other person would hear it a bit later from the other tube.... They got a kick out of it...




 Now Justine and Kate try... 


I wish I would have taken more pictures! But it was pretty hectic! It was a great place. Now tomorrow come back for the best part of the day for Kate! The Frozen surprise!


No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...