Thursday, August 25, 2016

we must buy big foots. It's in the code.

I'm super excited to blog about my little trip. 

Justine was asked to be a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding in California. It was close to my brother and my favorite place, San Fransisco. So I told dJustine I would take her! I NEVER have driven there or anywhere exciting. But it was my challenge to myself that I wanted to prove that I could do IT!!!!!!!!! And (thanks to a GPS which my brother said was okay because everyone needs them now) I did it. And it wasn't even scary. And I drove down Lombard road which was my dream ever since my brother took me down it a few years ago. I wanted to drive down it all by myself. And I did. I'll post pictures later.



So when Kate found out I was going to California she started crying for weeks before. So I told her I wasn't going. I lied. I didn't want her riddled with anxiety because Justine and I decided to surprise her and bring her on the trip.

 It was pretty cute. The morning of the trip she woke up with us before six in the morning, crying because Justine was leaving. We had her go to our room where her suitcase was all packed. She opened it with her foot and saw all of her things and she was so cute, she hugged us both and was very excited. 

Annndddd......about four hours later......she turned into an alien and was a very difficult child the whole trip. I honestly believe now that she was over stimulated from the excitement and then next, the big city. At one point she put her hands over her ears and cried "It's too loud" as we drove on the freeway in California.She just had a hard time managing herself. The second we got home she was back to normal. I am still glad we brought her but I am glad to see she went back to normal. I was worried!

Here we are fresh and ready to go!!! Getting ready to leave!!!!! See my bells palsy smile? 



Tunnels are super exciting when you don't travel much. 


The first rest stop we went to we already had to take pictures and buy things! Kate posing with the gigantic snake.... 



and if we ever see Big Foots we must buy them. We just must. Because Justine was nicknamed Big Foot from the time she was little(that's another story for another post). This Big Foot had an Idaho sweat jacket so we loved him extra.



No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...