Friday, August 26, 2016

Lessons learned for next time.

OH!!!! I am going to do you ALL a favor. Except maybe everyone else knows this and I am the only one who was clueless.

When you go on a trip the bank sometimes BLOCKS your card so that you can't spend anything because they are trying to protect you from theft. WELL....I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! It was so frustrating. SO if you go on vacation remember to unblock your card. Does everyone know that already?

On my trip, I had trouble getting gas. Like the pump would not go. I would push the handle lever and nothing. I would get like 50 cents worth of gas and then nothing. So frustrating. I switched pumps and then I even switched gas stations. SO annoyed. Then I asked a guy who was RUDE to me. THEN I realized you have to push the nozzle all the way in so that this thing (almost like a plastic spring) that are wrapped around the base of the nozzle is pushed in. Does that make any sense? Do you guys already know all of this? 

So my two traveling lessons.... Unlock your bank card. Push the gas pump in very far so the base of the nozzle is pushed in. 

About the man who was rude to me. It HURT my feelings. I felt so stupid and he didn't even help me anyway but he acted like I was an idiot. And I felt like an idiot and so it hurt me. It made me think of a few days before I was listening to Dave Ramsey on the radio. He was saying that he is an EXCELLENT tipper. He said that it was just a good way to live your life. I believe in tipping well. It resonated with me when he said that. And it made me feel justified in my opinion of tipping well. It is the good way I want to live my life. 

And when that man was so rude to me I just thought "that is not a good way to live your life, friend". And I want to be kind to people and live a good life. 

On our trip, Justine wanted to go to the wax museum SO bad. All because Leonardo DiCaprio was there. Well, he wasn't. They moved him. Justine was sad. 

But somehow we still had a little too much fun at the wax museum. Kate loved every minute of it. 
What a little performer!








More to come!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...