Sunday, March 14, 2010

Appreciation for husband Sunday the 11th- The home fires burning warm tonight!

Just wanted to give a HUGE kudos to my ox of a husband Corey for all his super, deathly, hard, work in the summer, to chain saw, drag to the truck, unload, split with an axe, haul in a wheel barrow and stack in a super compulsive beautiful pile. I am grateful! I never appreciate his hard work enough. I could never do that much physical labor! (aside from child birth 6 times, that counts right?) It is so AWESOME to come in from the super, frost in your nose hair, cold weather and have your house so blazing hot it almost blasts you as you walk in. I also appreciate all his hard work keeping the fire going all the time, going to the deepest places in the forest to get the best wood, teaching our kids to haul wood, keeping the wood box full, keeping the newspaper stack full and keeping the kindling box full. He is a hard worker and I do appreciate it. I also appreciate it because it means he never watches TV and I don't have to fight him over shows. Here are some pictures so you can appreciate why I LOVE heating our house by firewood.

Too cute, right?


One of my most favorite parts is teaching the kids HARD work. They grumble when it is time to help but I love it when we all get going. Sometimes it is like a family effort and I feel like in the olden days when you worked hard in the summer because your life depended on it in the winter.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That is a TON of wood. Where do you guys go to cut the trees? Do you have to have a permit for that? So great.

Janetlee said...

I grew up cutting and hauling and stacking and restacking wood. Love the pics.

Susan said...

Jean said...Holy Cow Patty that's a lot of wood!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...