Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My soul sister... the hamster!

Will anyone think of me braggy if I say that I do believe we are the best hamster farmers in the whole state? These are some dang happy hamsters!


Will anyone think I am a little weird if I admit that I felt a kinship with the mom hamster tonight?

As I was starting a fire (brrr....) I was watching them. I think all these hamsters have ADD! (Just like the majority of my children) They were SPASTIC! Running all around the aquarium in some sort of needless frenzy. I don't know what the chaos was about but they were all climbing on each other and the mom was climbing about as well, and it was utter hamster mayhem. The mommy hamster was completely trapped with her seven babies who are technically teenagers at this point. It was nutso.

At one point the mom ran around on top of her hamster children and just spit a bunch of food out of her cheeks at them as if to say, "There! There is your dinner! Do not ask me for one more thing tonight!"

Did I mention I spit food out of my cheeks in a huge hurry tonight for dinner as well?


My son had cereal for dinner because I was too "whatever" to actually cook. I tried to brain wash him by saying, "Do you know how many kids would be thrilled if their mom would just let them eat cereal for dinner (I have 109 boxes, you know) instead of making them eat a real home cooked meal?"...Not sure he bought it.


So here I am watching hamster frenzy when...



















...it hits me! I am that mommy hamster! Stuck in a house to small, (by first world standards, I realize), for all these growing children! And they are all running about me and I am running about them and it is madness and chaos and mayhem! It is nutso. The mom hamster and me are living the same life. Scary. (except she's lost all her baby weight already!)

And to top it all off...here is daddy hamster, in his man cave, enjoying his hamster solitude.



Oh wait, that's not it, here it is...


Greyson the Great!

(yes, I realize this post has an overly obnoxious amount of pictures of hamsters, so sorry. And yes, we are taking orders to find the hamsters homes. Application required.)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Corey said...so do you want a hamster wheel for your birthday?

Susan said...AH HA! You are reading my blog!

Corey said...Yes, in times of complete desperation from being bored.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...