Friday, March 26, 2010

I got third place in the 5th grade science fair!!!!!

Oops, I mean....

My son got third place in the 5th grade science fair!

Don't you hate those science projects that you know the parents have done it? Or any project that the kids are suppose to be doing that the parents can't help but "over help". It is a VERY difficult task to refrain from helping to much, I know! I try very hard to let them do it themselves but I also think it is my job to guide them on how to do the job well. I learned early on with my first child to let them do things their way. Kassidy was in preschool and all the parents came to do projects with their kid. We were making a pencil holder out of felt and pom poms etc... There was a sample to look at but basically we could do it how we wanted. The children began and more than one mom was overly involved in helping their child unchoose colors and choose different colors and paraphernalia to make them match. I was amused and learned a little lesson and just let Kassidy do it her way. Kassidy made the rabbit black I think. It was fairly atrocious but we loved it. It held my husbands pencils for 10 years!


So with a son who seems to have some extreme "paying attention" issues, I did have to guide his science project. I admit it. I was happy for him to win though. With the way he struggles in school he needs a few wins in life.


He timed the kids doing math problems to rock music, piano music, and no music to see how well they performed.

Justine project stunk! LITERALLY. For the past couple days her room had been stinking! BAD. I was obsessed with the thought, for some reason, that it was coming from her old mattress. (We were getting her a new one soon. We were fixing up her room to make room for her little sister to move out of our closet and into her room. Phew! We have had a baby in our closet for 7 of the 8 years we have lived here. Seriously! It is a huge closet but it is getting old.) So I could not figure out what was up with this smell. I don't know why I was fixated on the mattresses being stinky, but I was.


Anyways all that to say, that the smell in her room turns out to be the plant she has been watering with milk all week. She was watering one in water, one in pop, and one in milk.

DUH! You would have thought that would be my first conclusion!
Rhett did a hilarious science fair project. He called each of my parents 10 times in a row each to see whom was more patient. After each phone call, he graded them on a scale of 1 to 10. My mom won. It was funny.




Sorry for crooked pictures again. I need Corey's computer help.

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...