Sunday, March 21, 2010

Appreciation for Corey Sunday the 12th

My husband has extreme physical endurance. He makes a goal and he sticks with it no matter what (even with a hurt knee). He also makes these crazy physical goals. The latest was, he wanted to jog straight up this super steep hill in our town. Of course, he didn't want to jog back down. That wasn't part of his goal. So I had to get up at 7:30 on a SATURDAY to wait for him at the top of this hill. Even though it was super hard, he didn't stop! I am always super impressed with his endurance. I wish I was more like that. I don't have great follow through. If it gets too hard I'm like, "Uumm, I'm good" and I'd quit. So I defiantly admire that about Corey. It also makes me feel secure that he would take care of us in any kind of physical disaster that could come our way.






This picture cracks me up! Out of shape me, driving by him in the van...


I also appreciated his extreme patience in putting together a bunk bed that I ordered on line. My daughter has slept on a mattress on the floor for a good year or more. I finally got her a bed. It was a happy night for her. A decent mattress and off the floor. She was happy. She has been sharing a twin mattress with her little brother (who won't stay in his own bed) so she was thrilled to be in a full and her brother even decided to sleep on the top.

So Corey and the kids spent about three hours putting the bed together. He let Justine and Nathan do it them selves as much as possible. they loved it. It was really good for them. They will always be proud of that bed. Just for the record, I REALLY wanted white, but was outvoted.



We also repainted Justine's room. Kate will be moving in there soon so we kinda did a redo. Justine loves green. The paint color was defiantly scaring me at first and I thought I had, yet again, chosen the worst color, (it is so hard), but now that it is almost all done and the bed spread is coordinated, we think it looks really great. It does need some touch ups still but here it is...



Thanks to all my great friends who volunteered to help me because I HATE painting. I appreciate it so much. But guess what? I don't hate it anymore! It was fun and went smoothly and I didn't even drip! Well, not that I'm telling my husband about anyways!
Don't you think it is cute? Bright, but cute?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

super cute! I bet she LOVES it!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...