Friday, October 5, 2012

feet, rocks, Pink, bosses

I told you I was going to talk to you about Justine and her completely biffed up ankle.She messed it up YEARS ago playing softball. We went to a Dr.  He said it takes a year to heal sometimes. We waited. No progress. We decided to go to a chiropractor. He worked on it a bit, and sent us to a physical therapist. I wish we had started out there from the very beginning. They have been super helpful. But....she is still in pain. If she even tweaks it a tiny bit it get messed up all over again. When you sprain an ankle if it gets tweaked again even once, you start your whole progress over again.

They have decided Justine has weak ankles any way and is always going to be prone to sprains. So, she had to have custom orthotics made. Isn't it ALWAYS something!!!!! She is mostly mad because no more Converse for her. She has to wear real shoes and she HATES it. Even though we ordered her a really nice pair of Vasques from my work.

This is Kyle, her physical therapist. Justine ALMOST died when I got a picture of her with him and her foot molds. She gets so embarrassed  But she LOVES Kyle. He is cute and funny. He loves to tell her crazy random facts that don't mean much. And then he wants her to tell him some. Good thing she has all that useless rabbit knowledge!



I never showed you that Justine ACTUALLY finished her rock nativity!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!! I was so very proud of her for diving in and getting it done. (Tiffany, these pictures are for you!) I couldn't find the picture of the whole Nativity but these are the wise men and angels. She won a big ribbon at the county fair for the in the category of junk crafts. Because apparently rocks are junk. My dad and Melanie (geologists) are rolling in their graves over that comment and they aren't even dead!



I love Pink. I just do. I think her voice is beautiful. I discovered this song. It is for her friends baby who died. The topic is sad and doesn't really pertain to my life. But there is something so beautiful and soothing about this song. It has been comforting my uneasy soul the past few days.


My boss sent me a text saying I was doing very well with the customers. Do you know a nicer boss? Holy cow!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...