Friday, October 26, 2012

Appreciation for Corey


Corey has never minded me being over weight. It really has been one of his huge shining qualities in our marriage. He just doesn't care about weight.

Since I have been losing weight I assumed he would be safe to tell me how thrilled he was that I was finally looking better and trimming down.

He had yet to confess to me that he secretly loves me better skinny. I questioned him about it.

He just doesn't care. He told me he is happy for me but he doesn't care. Not in a bad way...as in he is inattentive...(he always says nice compliments to me about being pretty, fat or less fat)....he just doesn't care if I am fat or skinner.

He also told me he didn't want to say anything in case I should gain the weight back. Lets face it, that is a reality when you lose weight...the fear and possibility of gaining it back. It is a lifetime battle. But he didn't want to say too much because then I would think he didn't like me should I gain the weight back someday. He didn't want me to feel bad and he just truly doesn't care either way.

I was touched by that. I am thankful for how kind he has been to me in regards to my over weightness. He has NEVER treated me mean over it. It has been a blessing.

Trust me, the last thing that is going to help someone overweight lose the weight, is pressure of not being good enough the way they are. Being over weight is a battle that has to be fought by the overweight person and outside input DOES. NOT. help.



1 comment:

Janetlee said...

Susan,you are going to be okay. If you are not going to be okay, call me. Love you. Janet

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...