Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I like my kid.

 
 
He probably won't like me saying this but Nathan is just a dolly boy. He is gentle and kind and soft spoken. I think because I am such a loud person I really enjoy soft spoken people.
 
He still comes for a nightly hug even though he is almost towering over me. Bo and Kate ADORE him. He tries to be kind to them. They just want to hug and cuddle him. He still is just a teenager and he doesn't always appreciate that. We have had many conversations about how very important their tender feelings are and rejection from a big brother could hurt them. (No pressure, huh?) He usually gives in and gives them some sort of love back, even if it is half heartedly.
 
Also...out of all my kids..this kids is the ONLY one who could manage to take a decent school picture this year. The rest have to have retakes. Lol.
 
 
So Nathan doesn't ask for much in life. He wears whatever happens to be in his closest and he shares all his clothes with his brother. He is pretty easy. With six children there hasn't been the means to indulge any of them. It is a blessing in disguise.
 
So when he kept asking me for these Nike shoes even 4 months after he saw them  I just thought... the kid deserves to have something brand new that is name brand that is "cool". Also his favorite color has been orange forever.


We had to order them in. They were 80$!!!! CHOKE GASP COUGH!!!!! He paid for half. When he got them he told me he wasn't going to wear them outside. He was so worried about them getting ruined. I was like...."uh...how are you never going to wear them outside????" Ha Ha.

That night after purchasing them he came to my room concerned about the money spent and asked me if I thought these shoes should count as some of his Christmas present since they were so expensive.

DARLING BOY OR WHAT!!!!!

I told him no way and that he deserved to have a nice pair of shoes. And I convinced him it was okay to wear them outside. But they are bright!

Remember how I have the nicest boss ever? He left me this present. A coupon book! And it is not really my birthday. I love working for someone so nice.



1 comment:

Terri Porter said...

You are really being blessed with some great supportive people in your life lately. Your kids are all sweet and respectful and kind. You did a good job mom.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...