Monday, March 25, 2013

Cats rescue 5 year old

The next door neighbors have two "kittens". I don't know how it works out that all the cats we have ever SAVED from the pound have been the meanest, unfriendliest, cats alive, but the neighbors have two of the most sweetest cats ever. It is working out very well for us though. 

Kate spends all of her time catering to her "sweet cheeks" needs. She adores them. Adores. And they really like her despite the fact that she LUGS them around non stop. They even peek in our window looking for Kate to come give them some attention. It is so sweet.

 I was even telling Kristopher how much relief it has given me during my burned out year because she is so occupied with these two cats that she is very content and happy without my constant attention. Phew. And it is lucky that there are two cats because they can tag team when Kate is over bearing  But seriously, the cats just purr the second anyone picks them up.




Watching cartoons with "Keely" or "Pheely". I don't know who is who and that is not really their real names I assume, but that is what the kids have named them.




Isn't that a really cute and interesting face?




"Keely" (or is it "Pheely") enjoying story time, wrapped up in Kate's coat.

And...I have been struggling a little bit with food. I am still on track but sometimes I miss the comfort it gives so very much. I still eat and if I want a treat sometimes, I have a treat. What I want is to binge. That is what I miss. I know. It is weird and grossish. One of the 12 steps is to ask God to take it away from you. My friend did this and He did. And she doesn't care about food anymore. I don't think I am ready to not care about food yet. I still love it. I don't want it completely gone yet. It has been so many things to me for so long. I still need it. But that scares me. Because if it still is my "addiction" what if I break and gain my weight back. Sometimes I wonder where joy is without food (even though I obviously have joy in my life). One of the guys the other night at the addiction meeting said that the personal revelation you get from God when you turn to Him instead of your addiction, is the new joy you get. Figuring that out still.

The other night we had a GNO and I ordered this. It was delicious and beautiful. It was a Neapolitan pie. With chocolate, vanilla and raspberry filling. Yum. And I love great presentation.



And....WEIRD! Another suds heart in my shower again!!!!! I love it!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this:) My cat holds a special place in my heart and a few times, she's rescued me. She's a great sounding board.

And wow...yummy looking dessert.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...