Thursday, March 14, 2013

ice cream and pii




Ice cream has always been a pretty big deal at my house. From the time I was growing up until the time I was grown up.

I mentioned before that every Tuesday Rhett and I get free bread  (Thank you Great Harvest) on the way to his basketball practice  Well one day we stopped at Baskin Robbins and discovered they have dollar night on Tuesdays.  So now we stop for that on the way home from basketball practice. And now I discovered it is Bajio's taco Tuesday also !!! So Tuesday is an aggressive calorie day for me. I eat super careful the rest of that day.

Every time we go to Baskin Robbins I sample something. And still always order the same thing.


Peanut Butter and Chocolate. It is the yummiest. Rhett loves Snickers and Oreo ice cream.

So every time we go to Baskin Robbins (I adore this time with Rhett. It is such sweet alone time.) I have to go and stare at the clown cones. I ADORE them. And I really want to buy them every time. I promised myself for my birthday this year I would buy us all one.

AND THEN.... I SAW THE CHICKS!!!!

So stinkin' adorable I can hardly tolerate it.



Rhett wanted to know why I have to always stare at the clown cones. So I told him.

When I was 9ish My sweet mom bought every one of my party guests a clown cone.



and MADE me a clown cake. (I loved overalls!)


I loved this gift so very much. I think I may still even have it! Crazy huh!

LOOK!!!! I am older now. My sweet mom bought me clown cones TWICE!!!!! AMAZING! And now I have a love affair with clown cones.




My kid had his birthday. This is the second year he has requested an ice cream cake. He LOVES ice cream. Always has.

Ice cream cakes are not as hard as one might think. I found recipes on Pinterest but basically you just smash soft ice cream in between cake layers.

The one interesting trick is to use softened ice cream to FROST the cake. It works GREAT. Although I really like frosting. The other trick is to keep it cold in between.


We drizzled the top with magic shell. Another favorite from my child hood

All through out the get together family member kept asking me who made the cake! Apparently homemade ice cream cakes is an insane concept.

"ME!  I made the cake!" I even teased my FIL, "have you met me"? Because I almost always make my kid's cakes.It is my joy. But I don't think he believed I made it. Ha ha.

Here is the inside. I forgot to take a picture of the inside until it was almost gone, so this is the best I have.



Cousin and siblings


Grandpa and Grandma


Happy Birthday sweet boy and brother!


Our children get a friend party every other year. Best plan ever for a large family. I took him and 15 boys to see the Hobbit at the dollar (ish) movies. It might cost a bit more to do parties like this but not having to entertain anybody keeps me sane. I am worth it, darn it!

My BIL and SIL love me. They bought me a HUGE bag of M&M's in spring colors. So happy. 

But what in the tar-nation is up with the bag. WE COULD NOT GET IT OPEN! The little zipper would NOT unseal. We finally had to whack it off. 


Uncle Frank trying with pliers!

Look at those cute colors!



So my friend, Brook, told me about a crock pot recipe that she loves. You have it over noodles or rice. You basically just crock pot...

Cream of mushroom soup, green onions, cashews, 1Tbs soy sauce, celery, chicken, fresh mushrooms. Doesn't that sound good?

It's called cashew chicken.

So....I am one proud mom. Today my kid (Justine) won the contest for knowing the most numbers in PII. The teacher gave them a few minutes to memorize it so it wasn't just in her head but still....awesome and hilarious. They all had to bring round food to celebrate. Lol.

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...