Tuesday, March 5, 2013

do your best!



Seriously!!!! This was last night. ONE BROWN M&M!!!! It is nutty! Why are they so weird and stingy on brown?

Oh well. I probably need to quit eating a package a night. My calories allowance is less and I am losing weight slower. I probably need to be a little stricter with myself. But I have been going through a lot of changes at once and I am trying to remember this is a process and I don't have to rush. I am trying to change my whole life, not just get skinny.

Apparently Rhett had a very intense basket ball game. It breaks my heart to miss them. I get to go to about half of them. Here is what his dad posted on Face Book...

Contrats to my son, Rhett, who is 11. This is the 3rd year in a row his YMCA basketball team went undefeated. Last Friday’s game was one of the most emotional, high energy games of all time. The teams were always within 5 points the entire game. With 6 seconds left, the ball was passed to Rhett and he was smart enough to just hung on to the ball till the buzzer. They won by 1 point. It was seriously the best game I have witnessed

My favorite part  of basket ball? The team meetings. I love watching them huddle and talk with their trusted coach. This coach....best coach ever. So kind and good to the boys.





The Fourth Agreement by Don Ruiz....

Always Do Your Best

I loved this. "always do your best, no more and no less. But keep in mind that your best is never going to be the same from one moment to the next. Everything is alive and changing all the time, so your best will sometimes be high quality, and other times it will not be as good."

"If you try too hard to do more than your best, you will spend more energy than is needed and in the end your best will not be enough. When you overdo, you deplete your body and go against yourself."

I have been doing my best over for a while now. But not my best in some things that might have been something I did my best in before. I use to REALLY care about a clean house. Now...I care...but I am not doing my best. I am letting that stress go. I use to do my best at helping the kids with their home work  Now? I had to beg their teachers for mercy and they help them now or understand when I can't do it.

I am doing my best at healing my stressed out brain. Doing my best at sitting quiet during Kate's preschool hours which is my "golden hours". Doing my best at understanding my therapy. Doing my best at picking M&M packages that might possibly have the most brown in them.

Here are two more links to Kristopher's radio show in case you care. I have to spread his message.  It is so stunning to me how much changing your thinking can CHANGE your thinking  I never even knew my thinking needed so much changing! I have learned so much.

How to cope with repressed bad memories

and

Entitled teens

Alright, bye. I have to watch Downton Abbey now and journal.

Have you guys ever had taco Tuesday at Cafe Rio?...Ummmm YUM!!!!!!!!







2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this quote...

"If you try too hard to do more than your best, you will spend more energy than is needed and in the end your best will not be enough. When you overdo, you deplete your body and go against yourself."

This is my life in a nut shell. Always loading the plate and getting sick. I am addicted to running faster than I have strength. I need to slow down!

Going to my first General Addiction meeting tonight. I am very excited!

Susan said...

Hope it goes great!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...