Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter fun


In "group" the other day I made treats for a little celebration. I made this recipe from my friends blog. They are actually super easy but look really fancy because they have sliced strawberries and drizzled chocolate on the top. I was cracking up because the group attendees and Kristopher  would not quit raving about them and how pretty they looked. They said I should open a bakery. PFfpppff! ha ha. I was like "obviously you people have never heard of Pinterest."

Sometimes Pinterest is overwhelming for me because I want to do everything on it. One day I decided doing one new thing an occasion would be enough. So this Easter I was really excited to try:

Peep Smores
Submitted by Mindy ~ The Sisters Cafe

Peep Marshmallows
Graham Crackers
Hershey’s Chocolate Bars
Place three bars of chocolate onto each half graham cracker.  Separate the Peeps and place on a plate.  Microwave about 10 seconds (you may have to experiment with one as all microwaves are a little different – Peeps should be slightly enlarged and soft, but still firm enough to transfer).  Transfer the Peeps on top of the chocolate and graham.  Then top with a half graham cracker and smoosh!

They were SO YUMMY!!!

Way YUMMIER than normal smores which I don't really enjoy. Sorry for the picture overload. I know it's obnoxious.










THUMBS UP!




We decorated Easter eggs also. Good times.







Justine checking to see if her stickers really glowed in the dark. lol





I like that now the big kids want to stuff all the Easter eggs for our family hunt. It is nice to be able to delegate a lot of things that the kids think are fun.

Last night we went to see Safe Haven. It was good. I highly recommend getting your child to work at a movie theater so you can get in free to the movies. It is the best plan ever.

We laughed because we spoke (minus me, I suck at accents) in English accents all night or like Lord of the Rings. Kassidy called Justine to tell her we were coming to get her and she told her we were running late and we were in a "great haste" Justine responded with "Fly you fools" from LOTR. We busted up.Seriously, love these kids! And we were excited because Uncle Frank drove us there in his yellow Cadillac. Super cool.

Aunt Sherri had eye surgery and had to wear sunglasses. I promised I wouldn't laugh at her but when I looked at her after the movie and she had glasses on, I did. Sorry.


Kassidy in the middle.



Nathan, Justine, me! We were all in the back of the Cadillac.

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...